African Cup of Nations 2008

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
Rulezzz
Veteran Member

African Cup of Nations 2008

Post by Rulezzz » 18 Jan 2008, 09:30

So guys only two days till the tournament begins, i remember watching the one in 2006, was a very good tournament lots of goals, some really poor defending though lol.

Here are the teams competing this year:
Angola
Benin
Cameroon
Egypt
Ghana
Guinea
Ivory Coast
Mali
Morocco
Namibia
Nigeria
Senegal
South Africa
Sudan
Tunisia
Zambia

Of course Egypt are the defending champions, but for me the favourites are gonna be the Ivory Coast, i think they are the strongest african team at the moment, they really do have a formidable team, with Toure at the back and Drogba up front, along with Eboue and some very energetic box to box midfielders. Ill be rooting for them!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Post by Clumsylegs » 18 Jan 2008, 12:42

I hope Zambia does well, because there is 5 zambians in my homeclubs men's team and our club even has a small academy in Zambia.

OJ9

Post by OJ9 » 18 Jan 2008, 21:00

I want Nigeria or the Ivory Coast to win, Nigeria because one of my mates is Nigerian and Ivory Coast 'cause they have a hell of a lot of awesome players.

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 18 Jan 2008, 21:04

out of all the African nations, Ghana did the best in the world cup, don;t forget them :wink:
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 18 Jan 2008, 22:29

Ivory Coast also has Kalou.

I would prefer Ghana to win because they deserve some recognition for how good they actually are, and they have Essien. :P

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 19 Jan 2008, 08:48

ForzaMilan wrote:Ivory Coast also has Kalou.

I would prefer Ghana to win because they deserve some recognition for how good they actually are, and they have Essien. :P
they also have Aruna Kone! And that bakari kone kid seems like a good player too, he is a wing back if i remember correctly from the world cup. I have say Ghana has some central midfield partnership, Muntari and Essien wow! I know in the world cup muntari played out on the left, but i think because Steven Appiah wont be there, hell play central.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 19 Jan 2008, 13:34

i seriously hope that Morocco will win, as for who i think will win....i really can't see Egypt or Cote D'Ivoire losing this, so either of them, but id like to see drogba and both kalou's win over egypt

africacup
New User

Post by africacup » 19 Jan 2008, 13:36

Kamerun the best!
Best defenders and midfilders in tornaments:Song-Bikey-Atouba and Geremi-Emana-Makoun-Mbami

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 19 Jan 2008, 13:40

africacup wrote:Kamerun the best!
Best defenders and midfilders in tornaments:Song-Bikey-Atouba and Geremi-Emana-Makoun-Mbami
surely you mean Cameroon?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

africacup
New User

Post by africacup » 19 Jan 2008, 13:49

Davidson9 wrote:
africacup wrote:Kamerun the best!
surely you mean Cameroon?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
Thanks!
Yes, surely!
http://www.africacup.uw.hu

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 19 Jan 2008, 16:04

Its going to be an interesting one for sure. There are alot of strong teams and theres even a group of death. Morocco is looking good and so are Nigeria and Angola impressed me in the past so Im gonna see what they got. However, the last 2 winners of the ACN were the hosts so Ghana has a huge advantage. Even if they werent hosts they would be dangerous. Im supporting Senegal.

live2ball

Post by live2ball » 19 Jan 2008, 16:44

I am rooting for Ivory Coast, but if they don't win I want to see Egypt to well :D
You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take

shahensha
Veteran Member

Re: African Cup of Nations 2008

Post by shahensha » 19 Jan 2008, 17:14

Rulezzz wrote:
Of course Egypt are the defending champions, but for me the favourites are gonna be the Ivory Coast, i think they are the strongest african team at the moment, they really do have a formidable team, with Toure at the back and Drogba up front, along with Eboue and some very energetic box to box midfielders. Ill be rooting for them!
Definitely man. They are probably the most stacked team in the tournament. The toure brothers are going to pretty much make it hell for anyone to score and drogba is pretty much going to make it hell for the goalies.

The team I am rooting for is Cameroon though man. They are sick with it.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 19 Jan 2008, 17:34

Clumsylegs wrote:I hope Zambia does well, because there is 5 zambians in my homeclubs men's team and our club even has a small academy in Zambia.
i know this is ot but who is your home club? anyway Zambia, eh they were ok at u-20

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Post by Clumsylegs » 20 Jan 2008, 10:23

Davidson9 wrote:
Clumsylegs wrote:I hope Zambia does well, because there is 5 zambians in my homeclubs men's team and our club even has a small academy in Zambia.
i know this is ot but who is your home club? anyway Zambia, eh they were ok at u-20
My homeclub is Rovaniemen Palloseura, "RoPS" in short.

http://www.rops.fi
That's the homepage, but it's all in finnish.

There is 13 finns, 6 zambians, 1 nigerian and 1 croatian in the mens team. Head coach is belgian and assistant coach is zambian and he has been staying in Finland for 15 years. The zambian assistant coach and the owner of the club are visiting Zambia every year for some new talents, so they have started a small academy there to make the job easier.