Premier League Games in America?

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Do you think the Premiership should have some games in America?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 18

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 11 Nov 2007, 00:34

rzadzinski wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:I haven't read what others have posted, but I think I have an idea that could work. It would bring big rivalry to the States from England, hardly anyone would be upset, and it could boost up popularity of football in America.

Why not have the Community Shield in America? No one really gives a crap who wins, and (usually) it's entertaining stuff with a good match up such as Chelsea and Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool, etc.

I think that would be a good way of introducing America to some higher-level football.
The Community Shield thing is actually a good idea.
It actually is a good idea, I also concur.

haha different minds agree...for once

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 11 Nov 2007, 08:39

It is probably the least worst option if this was to go ahead. However, the problem with that is the teams playing in the Community Shield aren't known until the FA Cup Final has been played. I would imagine by this stage, most teams already have their pre-season tours sorted out.

Could you imagine the moaning managers especially if their clubs pre-season tour was in the Far East, they have to fly to Boston (for arguements sake) for the Community Sheild and then somewhere in Eastern Europe for a preliminary round of the Champions League.

Not to mention the fact that the 3rd week of August is usually allocated as a week for friendly internationals.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

erick_back
Sophomore Member

Post by erick_back » 17 Nov 2007, 16:58

why would you play games in another country thats dumb.thats why we have cups like copa america, champions cup,etc. besides people in america dont care about soccer that much and they barely go to mls games.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 21 Nov 2007, 19:44

The Giants r an okay team and the dolphins suck i thnik that they should have a game like portsmouth vs west ham or derby vs wigan or maybe even a football league championship game. im not asking for a man u vs. chelsea i just want an epl game.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 21 Nov 2007, 20:33

fu** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no fu**ing way the day a premiership game is played in america everyone who gives me their address will receive £1,000,000 cash btw these days thats around $2,211,564

Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky » 22 Nov 2007, 18:00

why can't they play a few good games, and it can be off season, but then they might not give their best, still though; they should play a few games and make money out of it, since americans love the epl many people might pay for it. and for every person who buys a ticket the money should go to the people who suffered of katarina and other caoses. we are people, and we want to help? so lets share out some money. and the person who doesn't like it just because he looses a little bit of it; is a d**head!!! people in america, who don't like football, might then give football a 2nd chance?

and North-Americans should seriously do something about their meal time, not being harsh or anything, but it might help to get them selves ''out'' a little bit instead of just dropping by a mcdonald's, easier said their neighbour, to just order a take away and then go home and watch some tv.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 22 Nov 2007, 18:44

Rocky wrote: and North-Americans should seriously do something about their meal time, not being harsh or anything, but it might help to get them selves ''out'' a little bit instead of just dropping by a mcdonald's, easier said their neighbour, to just order a take away and then go home and watch some tv.

:roll: you couldnt help slipping that one in could you :lol:

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Nov 2007, 18:53

erick_back wrote:why would you play games in another country thats dumb.thats why we have cups like copa america, champions cup,etc. besides people in america dont care about soccer that much and they barely go to mls games.
There are lots of people in america how do care about soccer, and for big matches people do show up like the Red Bulls vs LA were 66,237 people showed up, and 27,000 who showed up to LA vs Chelsea. They might of both been Beckham games, and those aren't EPL numbers, but it shows people do show up to big games.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 22 Nov 2007, 18:58

its not a queston how many people will turn up its the priciple its a stupid idea

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Nov 2007, 19:03

I think league games would be stupid, but having some EPL teams play here weather it was off season, or somthing like that. I would perfer some games between a EPL and Serie A team during preseason, they're already traveling, and its preseason so it wouldn't really effect anything