Sydney vs LA

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Who will win?

Sydney FC
71%
LA Galaxy
29%

Total votes: 17

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Sydney vs LA

Post by truesocceroo » 10 Aug 2007, 13:32

What has been said in the news is, that for this big game against the Galaxy, Zizou is coming to play for Sydney, he has been talking to the club to make a guest appearance. I couldn't believe it, all this commotion about Beckham, but now Zidane to come along and totally outshine him, i think people will be buying tickets to see him now. To have Beckham come here is totally amazing, but Zidane, well that is quite incredible. So who will win you think?

anderson

Post by anderson » 10 Aug 2007, 13:33

wait r u saying zidanes coming out of retirment.he was overrated but still an extremly good player

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 10 Aug 2007, 13:40

I haven't heard anything about Zidane and truthfully even if he did he wouldn't have even half as much hype. The hype about Beckham is because EVERYONE knows who he is even if they don't play soccer but outside of the soccer world not many know of Zidane. And once again I don't think he is going to LA but I am just stating this.

If Galaxy continues to play like they have Sydney would probably win. I've never seen Sydney play but the Galaxy have been having a terrible run lately.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 10 Aug 2007, 14:10

last night in the game, the second Beckham went into the game, the Galaxy started to play better right away. i think that's a preview of things to come and, in my opinion, had Beckham played the whole game, the Galaxy would've won. so i think the Galaxy could take Sydney FC, even with Zidane. he hasn't played a truely competetive game since the WC finals.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 11 Aug 2007, 12:01

lol only an American would think Beckham is better than Zidane, Beckham is hyped because of his off field persona, and because of his wife, he is more of a celebrity than a footballer sometimes, i think he is a good player, not a great like Zidane though, he has not been one of the best players in the world throughout his career like Zidane has, and Zidane isn't coming out of retirement, he is just playing this one off game, he has already been playing charity games before this.

Anyway, just having Beckham on the team doesn't win games for you, Zidane is a much more useful player, he can pass, dribble and is much better than Beckham in open play, Beckham will be dangerous from set peices, but that isnt enough to win the game. The Galaxy may be a good team, but having Beckham doesn't prove anything, it proves that football is going the wrong way. It is about money, not competition, it is all about celebrity status and Beckham is there for the limelight, more like an actor than a footballer. If he was in it for the football, he would go back to England to some low level club and try and play them back into the premiership, for example. Not to sound offensive to the Galaxy supporters, but people don't respect the Galaxy now that they have Beckham, they have to learn how to earn victories, not buy them.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 11 Aug 2007, 12:59

I also heard about Zidane coming and that just blew me away (I'm from Sydney). I idolise Zidane only second to Ronaldo, I want to see the game SO BADLY I'd kill my neighbours to see it lol, It will probably be a sell out. truesocceroo is it too late to get tickets? If not, where can I get them please answer asap.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 11 Aug 2007, 15:01

why has zidane chosen sydney?
i dont think he will anyway i think he'll only play in special matches unicef games etc

oobee007

Post by oobee007 » 11 Aug 2007, 22:08

Zidane has never said that he will play for Sydney it's just a rumour generated by the Herald and even Branko said "It would be nice, BUT i haven't heard anything about it."
Mark Viduka - I don't care if we lose everygame as long as we win the league!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 12 Aug 2007, 12:39

no it said in the paper his representatives have had talks with the clubs or something, maybe i was a bit too fast to say he would play, but im just going on what the paper said. To Belija91, i think there are some c section tickets at Telstra Stadium still availabe, 45000 sold so far i think, so some still available. We got tickets straight away, but we had priority coz we are Sydney members :D Sydney till i die!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 12 Aug 2007, 12:47

wait, who said Beckham was better than Zidane?

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 12 Aug 2007, 13:06

thanks truesocceroo, do you know where I can buy them online? If not, where can you go to get them?
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 13 Aug 2007, 09:36

i think if you go to Sydney FC site, there will be a link

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 13 Aug 2007, 17:05

I have no idea why Zidane would guest play for Sydney, but if he does, they are going to blow the Galaxy away. Even without him, I think they will still win. Beckham is not match fit and Galaxy are playing like crap.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 26 Aug 2007, 05:06

Zidane playing for Sydney is only a rumor generated by the media. If you want my opinion on who will win, I'll have to say Sydney FC. Even without Zidane we are still a great team. Still, I'd love to see Zidane in Australia.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

J
Admin

Post by J » 27 Aug 2007, 00:24

Alot of the Galaxy's player should be playing in USL 1.

They have too much of their money tied up in big players and it's not spread out evenly enough. Beckham certainly makes them better, but this is a team game and it takes more than just one superstar for the whole team to be successful.. Alot of USL sides could beat the Galaxy right now, so I wouldn't doubt Sydney being able to beat them :lol:

I have also heard that Zidane may play in that game, but I wouldn't be suprised it's only rumors just to hype up the game more.