The Beckham Debut

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 25 Jul 2007, 06:10

Oh my god... this made me laugh and want to punch myself at the same time...
James Fast, an 11-year-old attending the game with his family, wore a No. 23 Beckham jersey and rattled off what he knew about the Galaxy's $32 million man.

"I know he was with Manchester United, then Real Madrid," said James, a soccer player himself. "He's amazing. He's going to be better than Landon Donovan."
Well thanks for sharing James, I would have never guessed.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 25 Jul 2007, 06:54

iwannagopro wrote:Oh my god... this made me laugh and want to punch myself at the same time...
James Fast, an 11-year-old attending the game with his family, wore a No. 23 Beckham jersey and rattled off what he knew about the Galaxy's $32 million man.

"I know he was with Manchester United, then Real Madrid," said James, a soccer player himself. "He's amazing. He's going to be better than Landon Donovan."
You never know, Donovan is football God in the US of A! :roll:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Matt17

Post by Matt17 » 25 Jul 2007, 14:01

Argh..Landon Donovan.. Taylor Twellman owns him...

Donovan is one of only 2 people in north american sports to ever make 7 all star games at age 25. the other was Wayne Gretzky.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 26 Jul 2007, 14:52

Matt17 wrote:Argh..Landon Donovan.. Taylor Twellman owns him...

Donovan is one of only 2 people in north american sports to ever make 7 all star games at age 25. the other was Wayne Gretzky.
Agreed. Twellman owns Donavon.

Also, thats a nice little stat there, but Donavon is nowhere near Gretzky.

J
Admin

Post by J » 26 Jul 2007, 17:23

Matt17 wrote:Argh..Landon Donovan.. Taylor Twellman owns him..
:lol: :shock:

I really hope you are kidding when you say that?

Donovan is on a whole other level than Twellman when it comes to pace, touch on the ball, and shooting/passing/dribbling. The only thing Twellman is better than Donovan at is heading and possibly holding up play with his back to goal. Twellman also has good poacher instincs around goal and is ususally in the right place at the right time. But as a complete player, Donovan destroys Twellman. Donovan's major flaw is that he is just way too inconsistant.

And I am a Revolution supporter, so you know I am not being biased about this. :lol:

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 26 Jul 2007, 17:46

rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:Oh my god... this made me laugh and want to punch myself at the same time...

You never know, Donovan is football God in the US of A! :roll:
I'm sorry but that's just sad...Donovan isn't even close to the level of Beckham, he's a pushover, has anyone seen his raising the dead rituals he does for freekicks? Pathetic, annoying, he just sucks i think. All of the goals he scored in Concacaf (Right tournament name i think) were on freekicks, none on him actually scoring during regular play. Honestly, i hope beckham just steals all the hype from him and pushes donovan into personal denial, unless he starts shaping up and scores in games that may actually matter, donovan is just worthless.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Matt17

Post by Matt17 » 27 Jul 2007, 14:17

J wrote:
Matt17 wrote:Argh..Landon Donovan.. Taylor Twellman owns him..
:lol: :shock:

I really hope you are kidding when you say that?

Donovan is on a whole other level than Twellman when it comes to pace, touch on the ball, and shooting/passing/dribbling. The only thing Twellman is better than Donovan at is heading and possibly holding up play with his back to goal. Twellman also has good poacher instincs around goal and is ususally in the right place at the right time. But as a complete player, Donovan destroys Twellman. Donovan's major flaw is that he is just way too inconsistant.

And I am a Revolution supporter, so you know I am not being biased about this. :lol:
You from Western Mass?

Yeah, I know Donovan is better than Twellman. I just dislike the Galaxy, and Twellman is my favorite american player.

J
Admin

Post by J » 30 Jul 2007, 06:00

Matt17 wrote:You from Western Mass?
Yes sir I am.

I know what you mean about Twellman. He is a great athlete and very exciting to watch at times. Great poacher.

You follow the Revs?

Matt17

Post by Matt17 » 30 Jul 2007, 21:47

Yeah, I've missed the last two games though.