suspected knee damage

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
dasfootball90

suspected knee damage

Post by dasfootball90 » 04 Apr 2011, 21:16

So yesterday I had my first game which we lost 2-1. About five minutes in when the game started, some kid three time the size of me stole the ball from me. So I went back to win the ball but i guess the force of my kick trip him. Some how, some part of his body hit my knee which I felt five second later. I start limp and eventually fell to the ground. I suspected that i proably mess up my knee, but i looked up one several website and i seemed to have bruised my bone in my knee. The bruise isn't visual but i hope this it. What should I do to heal my knee? My next game is Sunday and I want to be fit by then.
My symptoms are:
right side of knee bone hurting
directly right of patella is my pain
Please Help!!!!!

desire10
Veteran Member

Re: suspected knee damage

Post by desire10 » 05 Apr 2011, 07:51

dasfootball90 wrote:So yesterday I had my first game which we lost 2-1. About five minutes in when the game started, some kid three time the size of me stole the ball from me. So I went back to win the ball but i guess the force of my kick trip him. Some how, some part of his body hit my knee which I felt five second later. I start limp and eventually fell to the ground. I suspected that i proably mess up my knee, but i looked up one several website and i seemed to have bruised my bone in my knee. The bruise isn't visual but i hope this it. What should I do to heal my knee? My next game is Sunday and I want to be fit by then.
My symptoms are:
right side of knee bone hurting
directly right of patella is my pain
Please Help!!!!!
Sounds like some internal bruising. I'd hate to say it but by the sounds of it you may not be back to match fitness in time for that Sunday game. You need to be icing your knee regularly, three times daily if you can, 20 mins each. I highly recommend you get yourself to a doctor/physio.

Good luck mate.
Everything you need, is already inside.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 05 Apr 2011, 08:34

I a few months ago I suffered a bone a bruise in my knee left knee. I had an MRI to confirm this.

My doctor told me to wait at least 4-6 weeks before fully training again, and that I could begin running in a straight line as soon as I felt ready, but not to do so until pain was minimal during that activity. So, if you do indeed have a bone bruise in your knee, that is probably the recovery situation you are looking at. If things don't feel substantially better in your knee within a few days you'll probably want to get an MRI to get an accurate diagnosis.

I'll send positive vibes your way and hope it's nothing that serious. To help through all of this I'd suggest trying to be grateful for the fact that you most likely do not have any ligament damage and do not need surgery, as this could have very easily happened to you.
Click it