Center mid reciving

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Middleman13
Veteran Member

Center mid reciving

Post by Middleman13 » 13 Jul 2007, 02:59

I play center mid for my team and i have a fear of reciving the ball and turning with it i dont know why or anything
/ any ideas that can help me besides the maximiziing ur performance
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 13 Jul 2007, 05:49

Be confident in yourself and don't think you can't turn and stuff like that. Be positive, take risks and use the skills you have, it's all a mental game once you know you can play....

If you don't know when to turn, ask your teammates to be more vocal and tell you if you have the space to turn and make a run.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 13 Jul 2007, 12:50

i dont know if its my cleats but my feet are really jittery wheni recive a ball..i did wear ronaldinhos nw cleats but now i wear vapors?

Midfielder

Post by Midfielder » 13 Jul 2007, 14:49

I once had the same problem. rzadzinski couldn't be more right, confidence is key and the cure. I also got through it by trying new tricks and using them in game to beat defenders. I also practised using my vision effectively by dribbling and kicking against the wall and rarely looking at the ball.
"We win and we lose, it's just the way it is."
Skill - Once you have it, you love it!

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 13 Jul 2007, 15:04

I dont use moves to beat defenders. maby once in a while i will use a cut butt thats it. I went to a soccer camp at duke university in North carolina and one of the national team coaches from trinidad and tobago was there. He changed the way i tought of the game. He says ' Treat the ball like its ya girlfreind'. ' Most of all enjoy the game, knock the ball around one touch, two touch passes quick, You dont have to prove anything to us, pass the ball to a freind, share, passing and reciving is the main inegrediant for a sucsseful player
Enjoy life always be happy

I would recccomend going to this camp if u want really could competion and great coachs from around the world. Like northern irelnd coach, Swedens head coach, trinidad and tobago keeper coach and former player and people that used to play for newcaslte

Midfielder

Post by Midfielder » 13 Jul 2007, 15:09

Middleman13 wrote:I dont use moves to beat defenders. maby once in a while i will use a cut butt thats it.
It's only to build confidence, after that it's up to you.
"We win and we lose, it's just the way it is."
Skill - Once you have it, you love it!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 13 Jul 2007, 17:02

Treat the ball like its ya girlfreind'. ' Most of all enjoy the game, knock the ball around one touch, two touch passes quick, You dont have to prove anything to us, pass the ball to a freind, share, passing and reciving is the main inegrediant for a sucsseful player
Sounds like a whore to me! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 13 Jul 2007, 18:21

i tihnk his way of playing soccer is the real way. Everyone is so focused on embarresing the other players when u could make a simple pass to move the ball.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 13 Jul 2007, 21:03

Middleman13 wrote:I dont use moves to beat defenders. maby once in a while i will use a cut butt thats it. I went to a soccer camp at duke university in North carolina and one of the national team coaches from trinidad and tobago was there. He changed the way i tought of the game. He says ' Treat the ball like its ya girlfreind'. ' Most of all enjoy the game, knock the ball around one touch, two touch passes quick, You dont have to prove anything to us, pass the ball to a freind, share, passing and reciving is the main inegrediant for a sucsseful player
Enjoy life always be happy

I would recccomend going to this camp if u want really could competion and great coachs from around the world. Like northern irelnd coach, Swedens head coach, trinidad and tobago keeper coach and former player and people that used to play for newcaslte
Thats good advice as a center mid, you dont need to be able to beat people, you do need good dribbling skills of course, but the main thing is you need a good first touch and very accurate long and short passing and of course good long range shooting. Your a playmaker not a tricky winger or forward.

As for being afraid to turn, the only way to overcome your fear is by facing it, if you turn around youll get used to it eventually and get it stuck in and become a better player :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 17 Jul 2007, 21:29

ty for the replys and ive ben watching center mids in gamesand i am getting a better idea of it

alonso

Post by alonso » 18 Jul 2007, 05:15

one more thing dont get so used to turning all the time cause you never know someone might be right behind you. im not saying to not turn just look back before you get the ball to know if you can turn.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 18 Jul 2007, 05:18

Yeah, always make sure to have a check behind you to see if you can turn. It's a common mistake which many CM get caught at. Make it a habit to check before you receive the ball.

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 18 Jul 2007, 13:47

If someone is not directly behind you, but off to the side a little, you can try a dummy. Just stand there as if you are going to recieve the ball, but let is pass through your legs and sort of spin off the other player and run. You can pick it up yourself as long as the ball isn't going to fast, or a teammate can get it after you dummy it and you can make a run.

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 19 Jul 2007, 21:42

i just one touch it off to the side and make a pass or pull a cruff to turn back
But yea if somone is on ur back i just one touch it to one of my defenders or a wide players

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 05 Aug 2007, 16:28

Honestly i dont think you should be playing centre mid. sorry to play there you always need to be confident in your abilities and you must always want the ball and be able to pick a pass everything goes through you find another position or just play with more confidence your choice :wink: