how to practice soccer with a tennis ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
KayKay
New User

brothers u all helped me to improve my skill.can anyone please contribute me ur old football

KayKay
New User

brothers u all helped me to improve my skill.can anyone please contribute me ur old football

Midfielder

What?
"We win and we lose, it's just the way it is."
Skill - Once you have it, you love it!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

He wants someone to send him their old football. I seriously wish I could.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

adnankhan
Veteran Member

yea....the shipping is probably 40 $$from usa

Haris08
Sophomore Member

well where do u live in india, i live in Pakistan perhaps as a neighbour i could help you.

Haris08
Sophomore Member

sorry for a double post but your answer for drills for a tennis ball the same as everyone have told u before but tennis ball certainly improves your trapping skills that are visible in a week and then if u switch to a size 5 ball you will see the differences yourself

junior
New User

Hey before i practice on my own, i juggle with a tennis ball and size 3 ball for 30mins. during that 30mins i swap the tennis ball and the size 3 ball every 5mins. then when i juggle with a size 5 ball its so easy and comfortable. i feel like i can go on for ever. i wish i used a tennis ball from when i was 10. im 24 now.

christiano_italia
Sophomore Member

I was in italy a little while ago and kids there instead of using real Nike soccerballs or something like that they use these thin light elastic balls and those are affordible and small...If you hacked the ball with one of those 30 minutes a day it would be the same as a tennis ball. And poorer people bundle up newspapers into a ball and tape it up so it is round and when you hack it its exactly like hacking a deflated soccer ball (exept a lot lighter) but those are two great alternitives to a real soccer ball! :D :D :D

KayKay
New User

brothers i have managed to get a size 3 ball( though i had to starve a lot )please tell me how to effectively practice with the ball.thanks in advance.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Just go out and practice all your skills, have fun, and keep training. Playing intensely is the best way to get better.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Hey Kay Kay just thought I list out some of the drills ya cud do...

1.straight on volley
mark a few spots on the wall(spread it out) or summat like that and just volley it ..

2.side on volley
choose a place where there's two or three walls and first throw it against the wall to your side, then volley it...when it comes back, flick it up(if its too low) ,turn and side volley toward the other wall...

3.first touch
a)juggling
when you juggle,there will come a time when you can reach bout 500 or 600...when you're bout there, put in a bit of variation to make it harder like blindfold juggling, or juggling with a few obstacles in your way or speed juggling etc
b)a drill smiliar to one and two, hit it to the wall and concentrate on ya first touch, ground and air

4.close control
get a few obstacles(anything will do) and put them closely together(no too close untill u can't walk in it) and do blindfold dribbling between them

5.dribbling
jz practice yeh cuts and fakes, emphazie change of pace and acceleration

btw on a sidenote, tennis balls are good in the air while size 3 one is good for on the ground trainin

thrillboy
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
shahensha wrote: Yo man, back in motherland we wash we dont wipe
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh....

but first we wipe then we wash...right... :D :D

Nah man, back in motherland its all about washing. When I came to Canada 5 years ago I was like "HEIN?! They wipe here?!" Thats when I learned the concept of wiping but before that it was just washing.

There are various devices to wash your ass. They have a spray where after taking a dump you just hold it behind your butt and then press the button, resulting in water being sprayed on your ass and washing the uhhh nastiness off.

In some homes in motherland, there is a built in spray in the commode at the back. When you turn it on, it just sprays water out and washes your uhhh nastiness off. Its automatic, you just gotta sit back, turn it on and then relax as water comes out of the commode washing your ass.

But then motherland is poor so there arent many fancy devices like these so we gotta go jungle style

By that I mean, using a jug...

That was a lesson in potty training back in motherland.
im from africa and there there was no toilet paper unless you were at a hotel. I had to wash all the time. Now i wipe with toilet paper but my parents still wash. They want to live in the old ways as much as possible. I personally dont want sh*t on my hands when I have toilet paper right next to me.
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

KayKay
New User

brothers will freestyle improve my skills and how much distance should i jog everyday to improve my stamina.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Freestyle won't help all your skills but it will help your foot speed and control of the ball. But I wouldn't put too much focus on it. For jogging, find a distance you can do, and then try that for a week, take some rest days. But seriously, I think you should focus a lot more on skills and maybe try to participate in as many games as you can which will improve your stamina. But if you really want to focus on it, try to do whatever you can, and then after doing this run about 3-4 times a week you can slowly try to increase your distance for the next week.

-Alexander Ovechkin