how to practice soccer with a tennis ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Soccer4Life wrote:Well, I back up everything rzad said. It's all true.

KayKay, we're not saying that you can't be the best. But it is true that not everyone can. I'm sure nearly every pro footballer has practiced and practiced for many years, every time giving 100%. But only one of them can be the best. It's not that the others didn't try, it's other indescribable reasons.
Except you make it sound so very nice. :P
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

newpele
New User

would i still improve on any thing if i can only practice in my basement. if i can will any one tell me what since you're all here.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Yes, you can still improve by working in a basement with a tennis ball. Practice juggling and dribbling. Make sure to practice dribbling straight and dribbling while doing lots of cuts, rolls, turns, fakes, etc. However, you aren't going to be able to improve much at anything other than control from juggling and dribbling. You need a normal sized ball to work on passing, receiving, and shooting. Or at least closer to a normal size than a tennis ball.

mef

Soccer4Life wrote:You need a normal sized ball to work on passing, receiving, and shooting.
Not necessarily; one of the drills I like to do with a tennis ball is wall passing. Of course since the tennis ball is so small it is very difficult to hit it while it is along the ground, so instead you must keep it bouncing and make contact with it on the half volley and volley. Try hitting the ball first time as it comes back to you and keeping it going for as long as you can. You can also experiment with hitting the ball with different parts of your foot to simulate the instep drive, push pass, etc.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Basically tennis balls are more used to practice touches in the air.

George Best practice his volleys with a tennis ball, volleying towards his house's doorknob repeatedly. He volleys were good. Dunno bout the doorknob tho'.

You cud take a plank( something that makes loud, different noise) and cut some small shapes out, nail it towards wall or something, and use tennis ball to volley against it. (use it for shooting practice).

Footballowner
Sophomore Member

YOu dont want to live india,Im from there,mosquito,dirty steets,no toilet paper

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Footballowner wrote:YOu dont want to live india,Im from there,mosquito,dirty steets,no toilet paper
who told u no toilet paper....and there is toilet paper

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

adnankhan wrote:
Footballowner wrote:YOu dont want to live india,Im from there,mosquito,dirty steets,no toilet paper
Some people probably don't, and he might be one of them. Although, if he has a computer, then he likely has TP.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Again, there are internet cafe's which a lot of people go to.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

shahensha
Veteran Member

gnarlyjim wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
Some people probably don't, and he might be one of them. Although, if he has a computer, then he likely has TP.
Yo man, back in motherland we wash we dont wipe

adnankhan
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
adnankhan wrote: who told u no toilet paper....and there is toilet paper
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh....

but first we wipe then we wash...right... :D :D

shahensha
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:
shahensha wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote: Some people probably don't, and he might be one of them. Although, if he has a computer, then he likely has TP.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh....

but first we wipe then we wash...right... :D :D

Nah man, back in motherland its all about washing. When I came to Canada 5 years ago I was like "HEIN?! They wipe here?!" Thats when I learned the concept of wiping but before that it was just washing.

There are various devices to wash your ass. They have a spray where after taking a dump you just hold it behind your butt and then press the button, resulting in water being sprayed on your ass and washing the uhhh nastiness off.

In some homes in motherland, there is a built in spray in the commode at the back. When you turn it on, it just sprays water out and washes your uhhh nastiness off. Its automatic, you just gotta sit back, turn it on and then relax as water comes out of the commode washing your ass.

But then motherland is poor so there arent many fancy devices like these so we gotta go jungle style

By that I mean, using a jug...

That was a lesson in potty training back in motherland.

messidona

adnankhan wrote:
ZZizou wrote:
Fifafever wrote:$5-6 in some countries is a lot.
I think it's less.
no it aint in india

1$-70rupe in 70 rupe u can buy a keyboard, mouse,a ok soccer ball, a dvd, sugar, 2 2litter coke, 7ice cream, 2itter or fuel, 7lb rice...70 bubble gum,a big chicken, meal for 2 days,a xbox game ,pspgame, ps2 game, a ok soccer
cleats, soccer socks, shinguards, a tshirt a good shirt a jeans pant, a nice polpshirt and a lot of things :D :D :D :D :D thats y when i got to my country i bring like every thing with me,,,,,

hahaha...this post kinda made me laugh. I really hope u were being sarcastic. i'm from india, but i moved a while ago and i went back to visit a year ago. Man now you can't buy more than maybe the sugar and the ok soccer ball. it's flippin expensive there now. its ridiculous. I had to pay 50 rupees for an ice cream cone.

o and if u were being sarcastic then ignore this post. haha

^
Thanx for the sig Solid0Snake

adnankhan
Veteran Member

messidona wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
ZZizou wrote: I think it's less.
no it aint in india

1$-70rupe in 70 rupe u can buy a keyboard, mouse,a ok soccer ball, a dvd, sugar, 2 2litter coke, 7ice cream, 2itter or fuel, 7lb rice...70 bubble gum,a big chicken, meal for 2 days,a xbox game ,pspgame, ps2 game, a ok soccer
cleats, soccer socks, shinguards, a tshirt a good shirt a jeans pant, a nice polpshirt and a lot of things :D :D :D :D :D thats y when i got to my country i bring like every thing with me,,,,,

hahaha...this post kinda made me laugh. I really hope u were being sarcastic. i'm from india, but i moved a while ago and i went back to visit a year ago. Man now you can't buy more than maybe the sugar and the ok soccer ball. it's flippin expensive there now. its ridiculous. I had to pay 50 rupees for an ice cream cone.

o and if u were being sarcastic then ignore this post. haha
whoa it like a dollar...
y did the prices raise up like that

Midfielder

What's that got to do with anything???
"We win and we lose, it's just the way it is."
Skill - Once you have it, you love it!