How do I improve my team work?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
bolozenden32
New User

How do I improve my team work?

Post by bolozenden32 » 07 Jun 2007, 08:50

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice; I play for an 11 a side team, and I always play just behind the strikers. I am best at long passes, log range shots and set pieces, but I am constantly called 'lazy' because I dont run enough. However I am one of the fastest players there, so how can I imrove my ethic and work morale? I was just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice on how to improve.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 07 Jun 2007, 09:07

fast players sometimes get called lazy but its just they get tired easyer then slower players...dont mind them and just play but if u truly are lazy then soccer isent the sport for u

bolozenden32
New User

Post by bolozenden32 » 07 Jun 2007, 09:42

What I should have said was; yes football is the sport for me, but if you have ever watched Michael Ballack play, he does everything perfectly, but appears to have a 'laid back' style of play. This is exactly how I play, but everyone on the team seems to think that I must run around for the entire 90 minutes, and work as hard as I can. However considering my bes abilities, which are : genuinely both-footed, I am adept at long range shooting, I am probably the best long passer there, give me a free kick around the box and i will put it in, and I have only ever missed three penalties out of the sixty three i have ever took. Considering that, I feel that when I am called lazy it just makes me work needlessley hard, and I end up tiring very quickly, and appearing to be one of the tony adams type players (gets in the way but doesnt do much else) when I believe that I am not. Is it me, or the players which call me lazy?

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 07 Jun 2007, 11:03

Well we dont know how you play, but it always helps if you try to improve your stamina by long distancing, so maybe you could run around for the whole 90 minutes and not be compeltely knackered and become a quality box to box midfielder, but maybe thats not your style of play, maybe you just sit behind the front two and provide good passes and like to shoot.

btw i think Michael Ballack has a real engine in him, now he is a box to box midfield player.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Solid0Snake

Post by Solid0Snake » 07 Jun 2007, 21:40

Erm..Ok I'll try to help you here

I used to have the same problem; I play as an Winger and I'm the fastest player on my team, but I am 'lazy'.
The reason I became lazy was because I put over effort in running. In other words, when I'm running in the ball and have an opponent next to me running for it, I pass him and go way over him. I over-run.
What I did to fix this was, I run just enough to pass the opponent, but not my top speed. I would even sometimes prefer being pressured than out-run the defender.

You can improve your team work if you:
1. Always be open for players that are under pressure.
2. Try your best to get through passes, even if it means running to the side line and sliding to keep it from going out.
3. Make a run for a striker so that he always has a 2nd chance, be that next to him, behind him or infront of him. I love to do that then after the striker misses his shot, instead of yelling at him I calmly say to him in a happy voice "I was there", meaning I was open and you could've passed to me, so that next time, he does.

I'm out of tips.

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 07 Jun 2007, 21:49

Actually just get in better shape. Pros run about 5-8 miles a game and about 20% is pure sprinting, so just work on fitness, if you were absolutely fit then you could run the whole game and sprint, and not needing to walk around as much, walking is still important though to let you regain your breath when the play isn't near you.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

bolozenden32
New User

Post by bolozenden32 » 08 Jun 2007, 10:56

thankyou pavel nedved, that is all i wanted,some conformation of my theories. yet, i dont see pirlo doing this, and i model my game around him...

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 08 Jun 2007, 16:04

Well, Pirlo doesn't exactly play behind the strikers. He's more of a central-holding midfielder. He has to be able to run long distances and send passes as well as attack and defend. Simple, isn't it? Not really because it's a tiring position. Work on your stamina, I'm sure your passes and set-pieces are fine.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 08 Jun 2007, 17:03

bolozenden32 wrote:thankyou pavel nedved, that is all i wanted,some conformation of my theories. yet, i dont see pirlo doing this, and i model my game around him...
ummm just to let you know, he isnt actually Pavel Nedved :P
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Solid0Snake

Post by Solid0Snake » 11 Jun 2007, 12:27

Rulezzz wrote:
bolozenden32 wrote:thankyou pavel nedved, that is all i wanted,some conformation of my theories. yet, i dont see pirlo doing this, and i model my game around him...
ummm just to let you know, he isnt actually Pavel Nedved :P
Lol I wouldn't mind being called Nedved..He IS my model, and I have his Juventus jersey :P

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 11 Jun 2007, 15:56

Improving your work ethic is a mental thing. You're dead tired at the end of a game, and so if your defender. It's tied 0-0 and it's a champioship game. Your teammate plays a through ball and you may score off it, but you have to sprint 50 yards when you feel like you can't take another step. So, what do you do? It's all your choice. One of the best ways to work on your mentality is long distance runs and sprints. Work on doing 3 extra sprints, or going that extra 5 minutes when you're dead tired. Keep doing this, and not only will your fitness flourish, but your mental toughness, too. Remember that soccer is just as much a mental sport as it is physcial.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 11 Jun 2007, 19:00

Always when you receive the ball, there is going to be someone else getting into position, usually they will call for the ball, and if they dont, just tell them to. However there is situations where you are in the best positions .

bolozenden32
New User

Post by bolozenden32 » 20 Jun 2007, 13:16

cheers everyone for the tips, and yes i know he is not really pavel nedved jesus christ.