Need Advice - the school team coach just made dicisions

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
LeonRonaldo
New User

Need Advice - the school team coach just made dicisions

Post by LeonRonaldo » 06 Jun 2007, 07:42

Hii every1, I just had my last school soccer tryouts today (Wednesday) and there are around 26-28 ppl joined the school soccer team. At the end, the coach decided to put me in A team for subs and i'll be around center attack midfield he saids.

Here are my questions:

- the coach saids i can be subs for A team or i'll be on field for B team for sure(somewhere offensive), which should i choose and which ill get more experince with, well most ppl i know r in the B so ill probably work better with them but around 1/3 of the ppl in B doesnt play soccer.

- what skills should i supervise if im playing attack midfield or somewhere offensive

- he will probably switch around the team if some1s doing good or bad

- B team cant go through the 1st stage even they win

* I've never joined a proper soccer team (except for year 7 school team, but i was subs and i was bad and then i started practicing soccer) I'll probably join a local team and get experince.

* im in year 9 now and the team is yr 9 and 10.

A or B ?

-
Last edited by LeonRonaldo on 06 Jun 2007, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

oobee007

Post by oobee007 » 06 Jun 2007, 08:07

Ummm, i'd say stick with the a's, show the coach what you got, ask him what he wants from you and show him, keep trying and trying and never look out of it or slacking off and you should get in the starting team.

PS: how will the coach use you off the bench
Mark Viduka - I don't care if we lose everygame as long as we win the league!

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 06 Jun 2007, 09:17

B definatley. Why would you want to sit on the nech looking good for the a team when you could actully be playing. If your that good playing for the b team then he will obviously notice it and give you a chance in the a team simple.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 06 Jun 2007, 13:59

You need exeperience to be good. And that only comes from playing. I say play on the B team and get the in-game skills that you need to be whole-rounded. Keep working at home, and soon enough you'll get asked to play on the A team. Give it some time and your best effort. It will happen!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 06 Jun 2007, 15:34

Definately go for the B team, ive learnt from playing this year, wen i was on trial with a semi pro youth team and never got picked for matches, that im much better off playing amateur level now and i can improve and progress to play for a semi pro team later once ive gained the experience.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 07 Jun 2007, 09:14

i say B...because i had the chance to play varsity as a freshmen but i decided to play on the freshmen/sophmore team cuss i would get more playing time i had a really good season scored 10 goals and got moved up the last 6 games of the season to play in the state tournament and qualifying games i would have mostly sat on the bench if if i played varsity right away and wouldent have gotten that playing experience and probably wouldent have improved as a player

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 07 Jun 2007, 15:27

- the coach saids i can be subs for A team or i'll be on field for B team for sure(somewhere offensive), which should i choose and which ill get more experince with, well most ppl i know r in the B so ill probably work better with them but around 1/3 of the ppl in B doesnt play soccer.
U'll stand out more in B. Don't care abt the B team not playing soccer. They have U to keep them in the game. So does everybody else.
- what skills should i supervise if im playing attack midfield or somewhere offensive
1. Vision
2. Creativity
3. Passing
4. Work Ethic
- he will probably switch around the team if some1s doing good or bad
It always happens
- B team cant go through the 1st stage even they win
I dun get this quote...
A or B ?
I say B

Hugh
Veteran Member

Re: Need Advice - the school team coach just made dicisions

Post by Hugh » 07 Jun 2007, 15:34

LeonRonaldo wrote:* I've never joined a proper soccer team (except for year 7 school team, but i was subs and i was bad and then i started practicing soccer) I'll probably join a local team and get experince.

Definitely B, there are things that you can't learn by practicing on your own, you need to be playing on a team to get this practical kind of knowledge, trust me, you'll have a lot more fun playing for the B team, especially since all your friends are on it.

Play B for one year, hone your tactical and team skills and then go A when you hit year 10.

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 07 Jun 2007, 21:54

A team, show the coach that you can play in practice, if you play really well in practice you'll get some time in field, you do well there and you will get a starting position.

However if you play on the B team you better be amazing, Ryan Giggs got put on a B team for a day, the B team played the A team, he scored 6 goals on the A team, they won 8-2. Needless to say we was never on a B team again. If you are this good then the B team should be very temporary, but in most cases the A team is better, you can earn play time in practice.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Post by Saibomb » 07 Jun 2007, 23:31

If you can always switch back from A or B then do B first to get some good quick experience then switch back to A team and see if you may be able to get more playing time.

montyirish4590
Sophomore Member

Post by montyirish4590 » 07 Jun 2007, 23:39

it depends on your skill level and the player you would be playing behind. If the player ahead of you is of equal skill and you could steal his position through practice time and his faults on the field then i would go A. However if the player ahead of you is some super star and no matter how well you play in practice this kid will start ahead of you then go B.

Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky » 08 Jun 2007, 00:11

Play for both. When the b team got a match you play for them, and when
the a team has got a match sit on the bench and watch some tactical mistakes or experiences but be prepared to get subbed on. I don't think b and a team have a match at the same time, so its possible that you can play
for both.

Good luck.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

Middleman13
Veteran Member

y

Post by Middleman13 » 08 Jun 2007, 02:55

I tihnk you should join the B. You could get more playing expierience and ability from it, but it depends on what your long term goals are. If your hoping professional carrer in socer then go B. If your looking for scohlorship into collegw then A or B. If u gt subed in a excell with scouts there then maby theyly take a second look
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Re: y

Post by ajc » 08 Jun 2007, 03:45

Middleman13 wrote:IIf your hoping professional carrer in socer then go B. If your looking for scohlorship into collegw then A or B.
Why would there be any difference in what you would do if your trying to go pro or if you are trying to get a scholarship to college? In fact, isn't getting a scholarship to college part of the path of going pro? :?
Click it

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 11 Jun 2007, 22:37

Colleges almost never ever look at B teams, let alone professional clubs are you crazy? Certainly A.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>