Aiming

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
karmazon
New User

I am really pissed. My aiming is really random. I practice shooting against the wall from approx. 15-20 meters at a little angle, trying to shoot it 5 times in a row. I literally read every tutorial, how-to, manual, tips and thread about aiming I could find on the internet. I know how to shoot(knee over the ball, don't lean back etc.). But still I can't hit it 5 times in a row. Any help, tip, sharing your experience would be appreciated(and don't tell me to go practice, cause I've been practicing almost nothing but shooting for a veeeeeery long time)

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

my friend practice is the key..u probably here this but u cant expect skills to come over night..keep at it

jcdenton
Veteran Member

try with precise long passing to some friend....
your leg should adjust normally after few weeks.....
and then try that shooting....

Fantasista

yeah keep practising hard. And try to practice where there's a goal. For me I keep trying to hit the upper post.

Ronaldinho10

You should try not practicing aiming so obsessively-mix aiming in with practising other things. Also don't get stressed about it and try not thinking about it and just believe that you can hit it 5 times. Also if u are good at passing think of ur shooting as a hard pass.
Hope this helps :D

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

jcdenton wrote:try with precise long passing to some friend....
your leg should adjust normally after few weeks.....
and then try that shooting....
U've gotta read to what he's typed. I did the same way too!! Well done JC!

Rosario

i hate manuals.they don't help with shooting.everyone is different.what works for you is not what will work for others.
i recommend you relax when shooting and get a feel for it.shooting isn't about hitting a spot.a goal can be a toe-poke or a curler,screamer etc.you won't have time to set it up like against a wall,often shooting without looking up even.hit ball after ball.don't get wound up.you can bet zidane wouldn't hit it every time.make your own technique.don't judge with your eyes.judge with your mind.this gets better with experience and practise

matt
EF Forum Legend

when going for accuracy rmember u still need some power to beat the goalie. a combination of both is the key to gd finishing.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

johnny114life

if you have your non kick foot next the ball then put up the opposite hand in the air and lean back a lil then i suggest you just dribble and try kicking at hte target to be more game realistice and pratice

hope u get better

upandcoming

what are "manuals" i've never tried them

johnny114life

what do u mean manuals

karmazon
New User

by saying manuals I meant all those "how to shoot" articles you can find on soccer websites

johnny114life

dont look for those things just develope your own style but if u insist then just read soccer books