Street soccer

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
palimino
Sophomore Member

I hear that street soccer is a good way to keep your ball control up and from what I have seen it looks pretty fun (except for getting panna'd). I was wondering what you guys or girls think about street soccer?

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

You heard right.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

my family will kill me if i play street soccer because all the kids are bad as hell.and they r gonna beat the crap of u if u do some thing to them.........

thats how it goes in our area

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

adnankhan wrote:my family will kill me if i play street soccer because all the kids are bad as hell.and they r gonna beat the crap of u if u do some thing to them.........

thats how it goes in our area
Oh... that blows.

Not many people play street soccer around here. In fact, I've only ever played twice. It does improve control and stuff plus it is really fun. :)

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

A bunch of kids and I play on my school's tennis court, so it is pretty much the essence of street footy. It is mainly about technique and flair, and it does boil over and get rough sometimes. But this is the area that gets you really good, as the pace and pressure is usually really high and you just have to deal with it.
God damn brewery!!!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Street soccer is usually only for the people are "meant" for it, the ones who are decidated in dribbling and freestyling more than shooting, passing, and such.

I think street soccer is more of a way to embarrass me, cuz my friends are all "meant" for it, and I'm a field soccer player (shooter/passer), and I get put-downs everytime cuz I can't do the moves that my friends do.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

I would say "street" soccer is similar to futsal or any other kind of small sided game in a tight space. Never play with a group you don't know because it could be dangerous.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Well, I know it's not great to go up to strangers.

But, if you have seen this group play, or have watched them for a bit, maybe asking won't hurt. I know a bunch of people on this site do this and have made new friends this way.

But don't go into some strange and nasty group.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

alonso

well street soccer is a good way to improve control but be carefull were you do it like i play with buddies and hit cars and houses and stuff and run from security gaurds to improve our speed :lol:

palimino
Sophomore Member

lol yeah I have been watching alot of videos on http://www.youtube.com (look up street soccer and check out "Street soccer special edition", it's pretty good). I think i might get some games started around my part of town :D watching them makes me want to go to england and play lol...

cesar
Sophomore Member

well street futbol is the only thing ive played...and yes its a GREAT way to improve your dribbling skills because of the curbs and bumps on the street and the cars you have to avoid..its just great!! but i do agree that u cant play with long passes and stuff...u just have to shake off your opponents and humiliate them

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

cesar wrote:...and humiliate them
Which is another great reason to paly street soccer; you get to humiliate your friends. :)

palimino
Sophomore Member

lol yeah it does make you feel good to do that...
Does anyone here actually have any public street soccer courts?...

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

No, but when I lived in Argentina over the summer, there was one about two blocks away that I would go to like every day.
God damn brewery!!!

palimino
Sophomore Member

that sounds really sweet... It sould be kool to have one, but it's not exactly that big of a hassle to just start one in the street :D