Which tricks do you actually use in a real game?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Well, I usually just air hocus pocus around defenders then run around them and flick it up for a bicycle kick. Otherwise I just make full-field goals when I get tired.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:Well, I usually just air hocus pocus around defenders then run around them and flick it up for a bicycle kick. Otherwise I just make full-field goals when I get tired.
Whatever, I'm so good I don't need to do moves. I just look at defenders and they are faked out. Then I score from right-sided corners with the outside of my right foot...
God damn brewery!!!

keller8
Veteran Member

i just use simple body fakes and stepovers. my coach banned me from training for a week for doing a 360 in a game and stuffin it up
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I just stand in the center circle and direct the ball into the net after I have made it deke out each one of their players so they break their ankles then I put it in the net. Then they have to abandon the match because no one can play anymore.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

christiano_italia
Sophomore Member

fakes, stepovers, sizzors...umm mostly fake kicks...uhh thats about it.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

i pull a rabbit out of my top hat

its a real crowd pleaser :wink:

adnankhan
Veteran Member

i do a lot of elastico. and maronada..i barely do scissors

keller8
Veteran Member

Can everybody stop posting stuff that is so not true. Please? It's getting annoying
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

soccerdude510

since i currently play in a recreational division i like making my oppenents look bad since i am one of the best ones in the league... i can join the cities division 1 team but i wasnt able to since i was in mexico

adnankhan
Veteran Member

keller8 wrote:Can everybody stop posting stuff that is so not true. Please? It's getting annoying
dont be hatin man

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

mpcarres14 wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:Well, I usually just air hocus pocus around defenders then run around them and flick it up for a bicycle kick. Otherwise I just make full-field goals when I get tired.
Whatever, I'm so good I don't need to do moves. I just look at defenders and they are faked out. Then I score from right-sided corners with the outside of my right foot...
And then we both wake up :(

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

iwannagopro wrote:
mpcarres14 wrote:
And then we both wake up :(
Man we all forgot to end our tags with [/sarcasm]!

Except the last few posts by myself, iwgp, and mpcarres of course.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

klc123
Veteran Member

i always do shoulder drops and lunges in games.i use step overs alot and elastico some times hocus pocus but thts only because i practise them every minute of every hour of every day so i feel confident doing them.the best way too drible is going back to basics and using ur brain,creativity and normal shoulder drops and lunges.watch george best videos and you'll see what imean.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Stepovers, rainbow kicks, nutmegs, pullbacks, just typical stuff like that, sometimes if im playing at recess for jokes ill just turn my back on the defender and hold the ball under my foot, that way when he goes for the ball i can back heel nutmeg him

CentreBackBench
New User

I'm a defender so passing is my game, but fakes and single step overs are really useful in high pressure situations. When dribbling I usually just swap the ball to the other foot and run around, or get the defender off balance. Simple stuff. I also love doing feints and lunges in different directions as well as kicking the ball behind me which is a really useful way of cutting past people. Also, letting the defender see the ball then dodging when they lunge in can be effective against less skilled opponents.

My favourite move (which I only do indoors) is when I'm dribbling (and I can do this going quite fast) and in one motion I flick the ball from behind me, over mine and the defenders head. When I do it properly (40%) it gets 'em every time.