Which tricks do you actually use in a real game?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ZZizou
Veteran Member

Well thats the question.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

There are several little tricks that can be useful. I suggest that you browse around the forums to learn more about them. Knowing a large variety of tricks can help you out a lot because there is sometimes one ideal trick for every difficult situation. Some players dribble in a flashy manner and make their opponents bury their faces in shame, but I prefer the simple dribbling. Simple fakes and cuts work very well for me. Changing directions and using bursts of speed help me a lot. Variations of the mathews and stepovers are what I usually use along with cutting in and out as one would do while slaloming around cones. Try it out but remember that sometimes simple is better.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

My dribbling style is very similar to El Maestro's. I basically use cuts and changes of pace along with stepovers and matthews variations from time to time, but occasionally I'll use a more fancy trick. I'll do an elastico every now and again, and if I'm in the right situation I'll juggle over a man. One thing I do a lot is pannas. I don't have any standard way of doing them as it differs in each situation. Typically it's just some sort of quick cuts to get the defender to take a large recovery step, and then slip it through and go past him.

I agree with El Maestro that sometimes simple is better, in fact I'd say most of the time it is.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

I mainly use scissors, double scissors or reverse scissors and sometimes an elastico usually when the person isn't expecting it.

AmandaJ
New User

I just use Scissors and occasionally step overs
I tend to confuse myself if I do anything more challenging during a game setting :roll: . I am usually better at just dribbling past people with my speed, or I just pass the ball to a teammate.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

THE CRUIJFF!!!!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I do a lot of cruyffs when I'm turning, but besides that, I don't do too many "moves" per say. I shift my weight a lot to throw defenders off balance, then I just tap it by them.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Nice to see you around, Soccer4life. Hows things?

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

In a real game I have used mostly stepovers, scissors, and basic cuts and turns, the cruyff turn, very rarely i have ussed the nutmeg.

Matt17

I prefer to do stepovers, then do elasticos at random in it, but never less than 2 at a time (just constant elasticos). I'm not doing a good job explaining.

But, the best to use in a game, and the easiest, are stepovers, flicks, cruyff, and fakes and cuts.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Cuts, scissors, body fakes, rollovers and speed, that's all you'll ever need.

Norm

being a defender all I use is cuts and more cuts

AMSL

I'm a defender and i use cuts, fakes, stepovers and if i feel flashy a 360 :)

belija91
Veteran Member

I usually do Cruyffs.. stepovers... fakes.. turns.. quick changes of direction and speed.. and If i want to be flashy i use zidanes 360 or the trick ronaldinho always uses (ball goes outwards then inwards suddenly).
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

belija91 wrote:and If i want to be flashy i use zidanes 360 or the trick ronaldinho always uses
Elastico. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin