what to do if your routine doesnt go as planned?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
cesar
Sophomore Member

what can you do if ur routine doesnt go as planned...for example i was supposed to be outside practicing my routine..but its raining and my mom doesnt want me kicking the ball inside the house... :roll: what can i do to atleast do something prior to soccer? watch a soccer game in tv?

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

You can do various bodyweight exercises for stamina, or kick around a ball in your garage, local gym, etc. Unless it is absolutely pouring, I bet you could get in 40-50 minutes of some good practice. In rain you can still do passing and heading well. If you really aspire to be a top notch player, you won't let weather stop you.

cesar
Sophomore Member

true but the problem is that the place is flooded =/ so i cant really do stuff except i guess excercise thanks man

Matt17

Soccer in the rain is really, really fun. It is good help too. One thing I do sometimes when it rains, is weave in and out of the puddles. It's also harder to control the ball in the rain, so dribbling a ball on wet grass is good for ball control. If you can't go outside at all, if you have a room in your house.
You could set up a few pillows, turn over a mattress, etc, to make a goal to shoot on.
Kicking balloons isn't too too useful, but, it's kicking something.
Another thing is using a little training ball. The little size 2s are awesome to dribble around the house. What's fun with regular size balls to do is to try to find a way to dribble them up and down stairs.
Finally, if you're as fortunate as I am to have a large living room, set up cones along in a room and dribble through them.

cesar
Sophomore Member

well i dont have much money so what i do is crumple a lot of paper in to a little ball and tape it all around and start kicking it..is that good or do i need to get a ball that actually dribbles? :oops:

ajc
The Philly Flyer

cesar wrote:well i dont have much money so what i do is crumple a lot of paper in to a little ball and tape it all around and start kicking it..is that good or do i need to get a ball that actually dribbles? :oops:
That's better than nothing, but a mini ball will only cost you $8-$10 and if you use it only inside it will last forever, so it is definately worth that price. I would reccomend getting one. :wink:

cesar
Sophomore Member

ahh where do they sell em at? and thanks for the info :)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Are you in the USA? I am, and I got mine from Sport's Authority. I'm sure similar stores like Dick's for example would have them, basically any really big sports store.

And of course any soccer shop definatley sells them. :)

cesar
Sophomore Member

ahh alright and im in mexico 8) and alright ill try to look at some stores over here thanks again :)