Learn How to Create a Training Routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Learn How to Create a Training Routine

Post by Soccer4Life » 11 Mar 2007, 00:22

Note: Before creating a topic, at least attempt to create your own routine. If you need help, you can look at another guide I wrote here.

I have seen a lot of "I need help, can you make me a routine?" and "this is my routine, can you help me?". Well, let me tell you: it is impossible to critque a routine when you know nothing about the poster. There are certain elements that I need to know before helping you. What if you were 13, and when you asked for fitness help I made a long post on weight training. It wouldn't benefit you at all; I could have been much more helpful if you had included some more information.

Must Have Info:
You need to include all of this information in your post if you want any genuine help.
1. Age
2. Strengths and weakness
3. Goals (Where you plan to go with the sport)
4. Your position
5. How much time you have to practice
6. If you have any injuries/limitation (we assume you don't unless you post you do)
Other Info to Include
You don't need this, but it can help us help you, if you understand what I'm saying. Please don't answer all of these. Pick and choose.
1. Have you started weight training?
2. Playing time
3. Current team situation (happy, want to leave, etc.)
4. What you want to specifically improve on
5. How much time you normally practice (if all)
6. How much time you would like to practice
7. Current statistics
8. Other friends that practice with you
9. Weight training experience
10. Years you've played football (soccer)
Again, don't answer every one of the questions in the second catagory.

I hope that after this post there will be fewer topics where I have to ask all of these questions. From now on, I will redirect people to this topic if their post contains too little information.
Last edited by Soccer4Life on 11 Mar 2007, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Francis

Post by Francis » 11 Mar 2007, 02:35

soccer4life...i know your not 13 years old, yet u still say u are..give it up..really which pro are you? just a thought thats been bothering me. the way you type and state ur ideas seems so much more mature than a 13 year old. (no offence little ones :) )

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 11 Mar 2007, 02:41

Change this topic title to: Learn How to Create a Training Routine. And add a link to your other very helpful guide. :wink: Maybe some people will decide to look here first instead.

This post should help others start. And might get rid of some of this repetition. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 11 Mar 2007, 05:49

Yeah, good idea for a topic on this, Soccer4life. People are always making post that say this sort of thing: "how do i be a good player?"

This gets very annoying.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 11 Mar 2007, 15:07

Thanks for the replies, everyone. And Francis, I really am 13.

Rzadzinski, good idea, I will change the topic's name.

zack427

Post by zack427 » 17 Mar 2007, 00:45

I'm 14, I'm really good at playing a fast paced pass to pass game. I don't plan to go too far just to have fn with it and stay in shape. I play at center mid. I'd say I have about an hour to practice everyday. I've weight trained in the past and think it would be beneficial. I have a set of dumbells at home and elastic badns as well. I play almost the entire game. I've played since I was 4, so 10 years.
Thanks a lot,
Zack.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 17 Mar 2007, 05:51

Zack, you're not expecting a made training routine for you are you? :P

It's good that you know what you are, but maybe, try and make a routine yourself. You know what to do, and there are a lot of drills here. So hopefully you can get on it!

P.S. In this topic we don't really need to answer all the questions publicly, it's kind of something you keep to yourself for making a training routine. hope you understand. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

zack427

Post by zack427 » 17 Mar 2007, 21:48

Yeah I did realize that I just put those up to see if anyone had any comments or suggestions on things to do. Good looking out though. Thanks.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 17 Mar 2007, 22:20

If you would like comments and/or suggestions, please create a new topic :wink:

abel
Sophomore Member

Post by abel » 11 Apr 2007, 01:14

1. Age
4. Your position
6. If you have any injuries/limitation (we assume you don't unless you post you do)

im 15 my streangths are playing midfield im good at great control and im since im not fast i use my footwork to avoid oponents my week ness is shooting not fast and im a bad aim my possion i normaly play is midfield i can practice about 2-3 hrs a day inguris are car acsident on left foot long time a go not much of a problem just sometimes but not realy something to worry about well this is all i hop u try and work my problem out and thank u a lot
"They say we football players are slaves well.... If that's true then give me a life sentence".
-Pele-

lz121

Post by lz121 » 11 Apr 2007, 01:53

find a wall. kick a ball against it with both feet for 1hr, and trap it different ways when it comes back. do this every day.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 11 Apr 2007, 01:59

lz121 wrote:find a wall. kick a ball against it with both feet for 1hr, and trap it different ways when it comes back. do this every day.
Good advice I suppose, but you'll need to do much much much more than this if you want to play at a high level.

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

routine

Post by ftbllrckr » 14 Apr 2007, 19:45

1. Age
4. Your position

Hi. Im 12. I have quick foot movements, i can shoot, and i have great accuracy. i plan to be on the varsity team for my city, and hopefully play for college, i play forward, i have up to 1 1/2 hours to practice. i play mostly the entire game, maybe a substitution right before halftime, then start the second time. i have a training set (weights, dumbells, outward leg push, elyptical machine and tread mill. i need a lot of improvement. :?

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 01 Jun 2007, 21:07

Well, from the sound it it seems like you're pretty set with training facilities. At your age though, I wouldn't worry too much about the physical workout portions. I would worry about making the right forms so you have a good foundation in which you can play soccer on. Then you can get into the physical aspects.

fallah
New User

Post by fallah » 05 Jun 2007, 21:03

guids godess can u jus show an example of a good routine