Topspin

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

hey does anyone know how to put topspin on the ball while shooting normally. ive seen many strikers to this and it can be fatal for the goalie, especially when the ball bounces.
can anyone help?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

i believe i can help you, but what you mean with topspin, do you mean that late spin or what?

expert
Site Admin

By topspin, do you mean when you stike a volley and you hit the ball above the equator?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

i think you mean that shot called the dry leaf (at least in my country), the ball flies normally from volley and just when it comes to goal it falls from a hard angle for a goalie. is that it?

Wiseman_philosopher

To put topsipin on the ball, you raise your knee just as you make contact. Practice will improve this. Good luck :D
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

expert jcdenton:
i meant like when people strike over the equator of the ball and the ball bounces on the ground or starts rising and then dips. not late curving. thanks for trying to help.
thanks too wiseman_philosopher, i bet its gonna b hard because it takes good timing and technique. ill practice as soon as i can, thank you

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

ive been trying it out for a while now but it almost never works... can anyone help? because i think the lifting of the knee while making contact with the ball is intefering with my shooting technique. i just turned 14 and i have pretty bad shooting due to injuries which forced me to change my shooting technique from Becks' style to other types.
any tips for making the shot dip? plz help

goldboots7

I can make the ball dip consistantly.

What you want to do is hit the top half of the ball with the top part of your laces. You are trying to put as much topspin on the ball as possible. You put topspin on the ball by raising your knee just as you make contact with the ball. Remember to keep your head down through the follow through. Just practice this and you will see the results.

It takes time trust me it took me a while to get it down.
Stats: 19Goals 1YC 1RC 23GP

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

is there anyone else that can master this? ive been practicing a little while putting sum bend and sum dip. i did this a couple of times playin round with my freinds and the goalie was distraught because it went in the opposite direction that he thought and it dipped and hit the bar. so u can imagine how scared the goalie was when he heard the ball hitting the post when he thought it was already goin out/ lol :)
any other tips?

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

yea i take free kicks bout 3 hours a day (thats not all i do i'm not a beckam) lol well i dunno wat u mean by topspin but i figured how to make it dip O if that is ball you hit in on the very bottom of the ball and when ur shooting go through the ball and raise your foot slightly bout up to your middle of your shin in height and to put power on it land on the same foot. the dip is very sudden so you might have to practice at where you place it and how hard u hit it but it works really well if ur blasting it over a wall.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

i think i know what you are talking about. your foot has to be almost perpendicular to the ground. as the ball is moving towards the ground, strike it like you are trying to keep it low, it will raise up a bit then dip down. compare it to when a tennis or table tennis player hits the ball, they hit it with an upward motion, which gives it the proper amount of spin to land on the other side of the net at that speed. same thing with your foot and the ball. i scored a sweet upper 90 like this one practice from about 20 meters out.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Christopher

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:To put topsipin on the ball, you raise your knee just as you make contact. Practice will improve this. Good luck :D
He is right

Christopher

Also, If you can find someone that is really good with thier toe they can get the ball to change direction in mid air. They can get the curve to go one way and then go completly go the other way, its pretty cool. The toe is also more powerful, but you have to be pretty good to do it accuratly, and also you don't wanna break your toe. Its one of my best close range shots. I haven't tried it too much though I usually don't even relize I'm gonna do it.

peps1154
Veteran Member

I do know how to put topspin on the ball but it's hard to explaine what you should do is just kick the ball from long distances in diffrent ways once you find an effective shot practice and master it.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

one more question. do you guys shoot it with the laces or take the ball from under like juninho?