How much has your training routine helped you?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

How much has your training routine helped you?

Post by rzadzinski » 14 Feb 2007, 05:58

Simple as that, how has it helped you? What is your progress? How much better are you? What did you work on? What did you do to get better at this?

Answer these few questions and let's put them in one thread and maybe we can motivate some more users to keep with their training routine or users to start some.

I'll start.

I don't have much to say, as I just started. But in only a few days of training, I feel my juggling touch has improved and I will continue with this. I can't say I'm much better yet, but I just started, so it's coming. For now I'm just working on juggling as I have limited space. So all I have been doing the last couple days is juggling and some strength training with pushups and situps, which seem to be working as well.

Anyone else? Let's get some more info!!!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Howard

Post by Howard » 14 Feb 2007, 07:47

great topic!
My most successful training routine is on heading and receiving. I improved my power on headings but still has to work on timing.
Worst routine:
dribbling. it's not that bad , but it didn't give me the results i'd prefer

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 14 Feb 2007, 10:30

Like rzadzinski said great topic!
My most beneficial training routine would be ball control, skill and weak foot ability. Over months of training i went from doing 100 juggles to 1000's and my left foot is almost just as good as my right. I still need to improve my heading although it's not bad.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Pokerized

Post by Pokerized » 17 Feb 2007, 19:59

Over the summer I put together a program that had me practicing about 2 and a half hours a day, 5 days a week. I got at least twice as good, and became captain of my team, something I never would have been able to do otherwise.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 17 Feb 2007, 20:41

Yeh my training routine has helped me out alots if i didnt start it i wouldnt be half the player i am not. What i do is 1 hour a day for two weeks (5 days a week) on a certain skill. I concentrate on the things im weakest at first.

bremenALLtheWAY

Post by bremenALLtheWAY » 17 Feb 2007, 20:47

i have become pretty good as before i used to ride the bench but now im one of the stars on my team and will be going to germany or holland for trials in the next two years....

i havent trained much latley but i usually train 4 hours or 3 hours a night on weekdays and like 5 hours on the weekends.... all on different stuff but mosttly on juggling now because of the snow but ehhhh its suppose to be +3 tomorrow so mabey it will all go away :D

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 17 Feb 2007, 20:50

bremenALLtheWAY wrote:i have become pretty good as before i used to ride the bench but now im one of the stars on my team and will be going to germany or holland for trials in the next two years....

i havent trained much latley but i usually train 4 hours or 3 hours a night on weekdays and like 5 hours on the weekends.... all on different stuff but mosttly on juggling now because of the snow but ehhhh its suppose to be +3 tomorrow so mabey it will all go away :D
How do you find 3 or 4 hours of your time on weekdays, dont you got to school or have you left?

bremenALLtheWAY

Post by bremenALLtheWAY » 17 Feb 2007, 21:19

i go to school still.. i get home at 3:30 eat food till bout 4... then at 4 till like 8 i train and from 8 to 9 or 930 i work on homework.... even sometimes ill wake up b4 school and go for a jog... im really determined

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 17 Feb 2007, 22:09

bremenALLtheWAY wrote:i go to school still.. i get home at 3:30 eat food till bout 4... then at 4 till like 8 i train and from 8 to 9 or 930 i work on homework.... even sometimes ill wake up b4 school and go for a jog... im really determined
ok thats cool mate, just wondering. Good luck in trying to become pro anyway mate :wink:

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 17 Feb 2007, 23:40

powell wrote:
bremenALLtheWAY wrote:i go to school still.. i get home at 3:30 eat food till bout 4... then at 4 till like 8 i train and from 8 to 9 or 930 i work on homework.... even sometimes ill wake up b4 school and go for a jog... im really determined
ok thats cool mate, just wondering. Good luck in trying to become pro anyway mate :wink:
Such dedication is rarely found in a person. Best of Luck with becoming pro. My routine has also helped me loads. I am way better now than even a month ago.

born2skate

Post by born2skate » 18 Feb 2007, 01:57

Pokerized said:

Over the summer I put together a program that had me practicing about 2 and a half hours a day, 5 days a week. I got at least twice as good, and became captain of my team, something I never would have been able to do otherwise.

Can you give me that training routine? PLEASE!!!
always perservere!!!!!!!

Falcao

Post by Falcao » 18 Feb 2007, 14:32

powell wrote:Yeh my training routine has helped me out alots if i didnt start it i wouldnt be half the player i am not. What i do is 1 hour a day for two weeks (5 days a week) on a certain skill. I concentrate on the things im weakest at first.
That is a pretty good plan, but also remember to practice what you are good
at so you don't lose your touch..

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 18 Feb 2007, 14:53

Falcao wrote:
powell wrote:Yeh my training routine has helped me out alots if i didnt start it i wouldnt be half the player i am not. What i do is 1 hour a day for two weeks (5 days a week) on a certain skill. I concentrate on the things im weakest at first.
That is a pretty good plan, but also remember to practice what you are good
at so you don't lose your touch..
yeh i do, what i meant to say was firstly i do the things im weakest at the move on to the things im quite good at.

phatality
New User

Post by phatality » 18 Feb 2007, 17:32

Hey guys, I'm new here...

I practice by myself pretty much every day, and I feel I've gotten better. However, it's hard for me to know if I'm doing a technique right, but I haven't practiced it enough, or if I'm doing a technique wrong and no matter how much I practice, it's not going to work.
Maybe I'm just stupid though :P

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 18 Feb 2007, 17:35

phatality wrote:Hey guys, I'm new here...

I practice by myself pretty much every day, and I feel I've gotten better. However, it's hard for me to know if I'm doing a technique right, but I haven't practiced it enough, or if I'm doing a technique wrong and no matter how much I practice, it's not going to work.
Maybe I'm just stupid though :P
Hey phatality, firstly well to the forums. Good to see yuor training everyday, but if yuo find yourself in a potition like if your not sure yuor doing something right always check the guides here they are of top quality and will surely put you on the right track.