Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 19 Feb 2007, 19:11

Aww... sorry powell. Injuries suck. I hope you can recover quickly :D

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 19 Feb 2007, 21:10

Nice.

That shows the little things one does makes a big difference.

BosnianNedim

Post by BosnianNedim » 27 Feb 2007, 21:28

Amazing story....makes me want to train more...maybe if it didnt snow every freaking day and the fields were muddy as crap...god i cant wait until this crap dries off

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 27 Feb 2007, 21:31

BosnianNedim wrote:Amazing story....makes me want to train more...maybe if it didnt snow every freaking day and the fields were muddy as crap...god i cant wait until this crap dries off
My thoughts exactly... still snowing like crazy here.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 03 Mar 2007, 13:47

gnarlyjim wrote:
BosnianNedim wrote:Amazing story....makes me want to train more...maybe if it didnt snow every freaking day and the fields were muddy as crap...god i cant wait until this crap dries off
I wish it would snow here in texas. :( (not for very long, just a couple days)

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 03 Mar 2007, 13:57

Real_Zidane wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
I wish it would snow here in texas. :( (not for very long, just a couple days)
How come you want snow? It makes everything so much more difficult. Is it because you've never really experienced it before?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 22 Mar 2007, 18:44

very inspiring, but maybe it's too harsh...
one family friend who used to play for red star (he played against Pele!) said to me once when he heard that i watch carefully what i eat and drink,how much i sleep,run and practice, that it's not so important to follow everything so perfectly, because you're not the only factor of your success, it doesn't matter if you drink beer or eat pork, if you don't have luck you'll never get to the top... so don't let this story take you away, practice and live normally, because everything extreme is bad and abnormal! life is passing (not passing as a football term :) ), try to live it... football is just the game, you can play it anytime, but you live only once...

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Mar 2007, 12:56

jcdenton wrote:very inspiring, but maybe it's too harsh...
one family friend who used to play for red star (he played against Pele!) said to me once when he heard that i watch carefully what i eat and drink,how much i sleep,run and practice, that it's not so important to follow everything so perfectly,
So are you saying it's okay to eat cake and pie when youre going off to play footy? That doesn't seem to mix very well...
jcdenton wrote:because you're not the only factor of your success, it doesn't matter if you drink beer or eat pork, if you don't have luck you'll never get to the top...
Luck is only a secondary factor. If you don't try your hardest in the first place, you won't have any luck.
"The more work you put into something, the luckier you get."

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 23 Mar 2007, 13:14

was luck the secondary factor on Titanic?
years of the best engineers' work was invested in that...
no matter how hard you work, there will always be someone better and/or luckier :!:

and you don't understand, it's not ok to eat cake and pie before football, but it is ok to drink beer a bit, to eat some pork from time to time, eat sweets...

mmm.... PIE

http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/paper.htm

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Mar 2007, 23:00

jcdenton wrote:was luck the secondary factor on Titanic?
years of the best engineers' work was invested in that...
no matter how hard you work, there will always be someone better and/or luckier :!:
That wasn't luck, that was just the driver having a little too much to drink. ;)

But you have to realize you cannot control luck. In fact, luck does not really exist; it's an illusion. The closest thing that comes to luck in this case is oppurtunity. Anyway, my point is, you cannot control 'luck', but you can control your dedication, commitment, and hard work towards reaching a goal. And if you have that, then luck will take care of itself.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 23 Mar 2007, 23:21

but does it worth giving up life just for the game...

and you don't even know you're going to have big success, maybe you hurt your knee, or die from a heart attack, because you've forced yourself too much... take miklos feher as an example...
or BETTER:

http://www.nemanjavidic.com/modules/new ... orytopic=4

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Mar 2007, 23:23

It depends on the person. If they actually love the game, then I think it would be worth it. I know it would be worth it for me.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 23 Mar 2007, 23:27

Real_Zidane wrote:It depends on the person. If they actually love the game, then I think it would be worth it. I know it would be worth it for me.
did you look at the link?

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Mar 2007, 23:46

Seriously... the odds of that are about 1/10000. If your family has had heart problems in the past then it should be obvious to be very careful in sports. Other than that you should be fine. Life is one big risk, if you are afraid of risks your whole life, that would be wasting it.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 24 Mar 2007, 00:24

Real_Zidane wrote:Seriously... the odds of that are about 1/10000. If your family has had heart problems in the past then it should be obvious to be very careful in sports. Other than that you should be fine. Life is one big risk, if you are afraid of risks your whole life, that would be wasting it.
and have you seen that weebl.jolt link? very funny and inspiring :D