Moves you've made up

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Footballowner
Sophomore Member

I've only been able to do this once in a game.

1.Go to a pace and make sure your feet are overlapping the ball
2.Step on the the ball with all your toes
3.While the ball is in the air catch on your head facing away from the goal
4.Let the ball jump of your head and do a bicycle kick

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

You've done this in a game?!?!?!?!?!?! :shock: ?

Matt17

One move isn't really made up, just a combo:

Elastico to hocus pocus. Perform an elastico, then bring the ball back for a hocus pocus all in a few swift motions.

The real move I made up is impossible to explain, and I have trouble explaining motions sometimes.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Matt17 wrote:One move isn't really made up, just a combo:

Elastico to hocus pocus. Perform an elastico, then bring the ball back for a hocus pocus all in a few swift motions.
hahaha never thought about that combo... :)
i'll practice it before i use it in real game, it's VERY risky, one small mistake while transferring from elastico to hp can be fatal...

how about this:
first do the move i think people call Preki(by that serbian guy who played in MLS), i'll explain it for those who don't know it:
for example, you're on the right side, turn to the goal, def. should be few steps in front of you, roll the ball with your left foot and at the same time step over the ball with your right foot, you should fool a defender...
the add-on is to quickly get your left foot behind your right and push the ball through defender's legs... OR you can lift the ball past him instead of moving it through his legs...
i thought i've made up this move, but then C.Ronaldo did something similar at Man Utd vs UEFA squad few weeks ago... well, he just did that preki move and then stopped the ball with his left foot...

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Well I thought of this move where u r dribbling/sheilding the ball towards ur own goal wit the opponent behind u.Then u put ur right foot towards the left front of the ball,turning towards oppenent goal at the same time.Then jz as the defender steps in to take the ball u cryuff turn it towards ur right or accelerate to ur left.Something lik tht..

opm
Sophomore Member

personal favorite when head on 1v1 .If right footed stepover with left foot then nutmeg with the right or crossover left nutmeg with right. its supprising to see how many people fall for these 2 moves
Life's a grave, dig it

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

opm wrote:personal favorite when head on 1v1 .If right footed stepover with left foot then nutmeg with the right or crossover left nutmeg with right. its supprising to see how many people fall for these 2 moves
... I think other people have done this before though. :wink:

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

My favorite is a very simple, effective fake that doesn't require any stepovers.

1. Touch the ball with your right foot slighty to the inside. Shift your body to fake with it, but keep your balance.
2. Pause for a split second.
3. Then touch it back to the other side quickly (not elastico, though) and explode away from the defender.

The pause is what really throws the defender off, but you just can't have the ball too far away from you.

Matt17

I just realized something I do all the time when I just dribble around my house, and I tend to use it when I'm playing against friends.

First, roll the ball inside with your right foot (assuming your right footed)
Second, stop it with that same foot, just to the side of your left foot.
Kick it slightly forward with your left foot.
Hit it to the right with your right foot.

remyzor
New User

A move that works for me is this:

- when there is a teammate left of you and a player of the opposition in front of you, do as if you are going to pass the ball with your right foot to that teammate with an inverse-scissor-like-move,
- then lean a bit forward so the foot that made the inverse scissor is now your supporting foot
- then push the ball with your left foot behind your supporting (right) foot and go past the defending player.

This will let the defender think you pass the ball to a teammate,. but then you quickly push the ball forward behind your supporting foot.

I hope it's a clear description cause I'm not English

gerry2805
New User

I came up with this move the other day havnt tried it in a match yet think it would work well in small sided games 5 v 5 etc.

OK im left footed so this is how i would do it. You get the ball on the left wing and a defender is coming to shut u down. Swing your left foot as if your going to cross the ball or switch play to the other wing. Instead of hitting the ball swing your foot in front of the ball (kind of step over movement) but when you do the stepover plant your left foot and bring your right foot through to knock the ball behind your left for you to run onto. The trick is to make the oncoming defender believe you are going to cross it so he jumps into the path of the cross in this case to the right while you fake and knock it to the left to run on to

Foxmero

ive made up this move although i dont think it was used. Im right footed so here it goes

you fake kick to the right but insteat roll it into the right
then you take your left heel and tap it the other way. I thinks its been used but its a good move
I Will Win The World Cup No Matter What It Takes
Image.

Thanks Shifty_fsu

cangri02
New User

im not really sure if its real but what i do is the following:

-i step on the ball with the heel.
-with the other foot i start to run forward
-the foot on the ball is then dragged across the ball down in front of it, which makes it roll up the calf
-with the running foot i kick the air behing me so that the leg that was on the ball then kicks the ball up with the heel up and over me

its kinda hard to master but its really useful

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

The rainbow?

That's basically what you described. Sorry, you're not the first. :P :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Yeah I recently discoverd the Preki+Hocus Pocus and I was really excited when I found it out.