Moves you've made up

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Brines
Sophomore Member

Do you guys have any cool moves that you made up? Explain
I'm 16 and play a lot of football.

Hugh
Veteran Member

I don't use moves most of the time, so when I do I use moves which aren't really moves, which makes them mine I suppose, so here they are:

1: Rollover explode, just like what it says; do a quick rollover on to your opposite foot and just explode past the man, it works because they rarely expect it.

2: Roll and tip, basically you just roll the ball halfway and tip it back with your toe, highly effective if you've already been seen using roll and explode because they won't know which way you're going to go; this is even more effective when made into a pass.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

I make up moves all the time... but my favorite one goes like this...

1: Approach the defender at a speed in between jogging and sprinting. As you get close dip your shoulder and fake to one side, moving your feet to hit the ball the way you are pretending to go.

2: As your foot gets close to the ball, change your angle slightly so that your toe comes and hits the ball just past the middle, therefore giving the ball spin the other way, and throwing your marker off.

3: Explode and run!!

When you do it correctly it looks like magic, because my foot sweeps one way and hits the ball that way, but somehow the ball goes the opposite direction. For me it is a very very easy move, but rivals hocus pocus and elastico for how many times I have beaten a defender with it... I haven't given it a name yet... but I will come up with one soon.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Here's mine. I'm not sure if I made this up, but I haven't heard of others doing it.

1. With my right foot, I sort of roll the ball to my left as I am running.

2. I allow the ball to go behind my left leg. (Sort of like a stepover)

3. Cross my right foot quickly behind my left and touch the ball forward.

This move is great for nutmegging people, but if you screw up, you'll really embarass yourself... trust me. :P

Sorry if I don't make sense.. it's hard to explain through typing.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Sounds like you start with a Preki and then put it behind your left leg and forwards right? Almost like a variation of the hocus pocus. And yes, I think I have done this before aswell. I thought I made it up...lol!!! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

rzadzinski wrote:Sounds like you start with a Preki and then put it behind your left leg and forwards right? Almost like a variation of the hocus pocus. And yes, I think I have done this before aswell. I thought I made it up...lol!!! :lol:
Haha.. we think alike. It's pretty effective when done correctly. Also, maybe you did actually make it up.. how long have you been doing it for? :P We'll see who really invented it.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Crap, I'm not sure. Let's just say we're co-producers! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

rzadzinski wrote:Crap, I'm not sure. Let's just say we're co-producers! :D
Sounds good. I think you've probably been doing it longer though. I just thought of it in August/September of 2006, so it's pretty new for me. Co-producers it is. :D

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I think I might not have thought of it, I just did it, maybe when I was slightly younger. And during games, my moves just happen, and I'm pretty sure that one happened more then once. But then when I started learning about hocus pocus' around the same time you were saying, it kind of came back to me. :)

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Awesome. I accidentally did hocus pocus once. I was planning on passing to a teammate using that sort of pass, but then I saw he was marked, so I just tried to get the ball to go forward and it did. Hence, my accidentally hocus pocus. :D Never really thought of doing it on purpose until I found this site, and saw the move again.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Lol are you guys talking about this move, dubbed the "Crossover Move" which I believe has been up in Expert's training video section for a few years now.
http://expertfootball.com/training/move ... er_low.avi

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

You burst our bubble!!! Oh well.... :roll: :D

-Alexander Ovechkin

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Haha I had a feeling. When I was 12 I convinced myself that I invented a new move, turned out it was the Zidane 360. So I know how you feel lol.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

ajc wrote:Haha I had a feeling. When I was 12 I convinced myself that I invented a new move, turned out it was the Zidane 360. So I know how you feel lol.
That must have taken a while to get over. :o

ajc
The Philly Flyer

iwannagopro wrote:
ajc wrote:Haha I had a feeling. When I was 12 I convinced myself that I invented a new move, turned out it was the Zidane 360. So I know how you feel lol.
That must have taken a while to get over. :o
It wasn't too bad, because I convinced my friends that I had invented it and never bothered telling them that it was a common trick. So I still had my glory!! :lol: