Home Shooting Program

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Home Shooting Program

Post by iwannagopro »

Here we go! The much anticipated (well actually no one knew about it, but wateva!) home shooting program. Those long dreary days where it is raining cats and dogs, or the weather has been sub-freezing, are no longer rendered useless for shooting! Yes you heard me! A home shooting program! WOOT WOOT! Ok, let us begin!

1: The Set Up

Ok, just in this itself is the whole secret to my home shooting program. With this you shall be able to shoot against any type of wall, no matter how much noise it makes normally. I can say this without lying, because my house shakes with every step, and makes an enormous amount of creaking noises. Haha, do not worry, my house is not going to fall over any time soon. So here I will start.

1a: Materials needed

To create your soundproof wall you will need the following objects.

-Pillows! You should get around 4-6 normal sized pillows, or several large ones

-Rug, or sheet/blanket that your parents would not care if it got dirty. If you do not have one, then bust out the wallet and buy one from the local salvation army or thrift store.

-Soapy rag

-Size 5 football

1b: Building the soundproof wall

1: Take the largest pillow and lean it against the wall
2:Take the rest of the pillows (except for 1) and lean them against the wall, using the first pillow as something to lean against.
3:Now put one last pillow on the ground in front of the bunch of pillows leaning against the wall, you should end up with something like this.

3: Now take your rug/blanket and cover the pillows, so the pillows won't get dirty, making your parents very angry.

4: Now take the soapy rag, and clean your football if it has any dirt on it, you do not want to get your house dirty!
5: Now put on some music, so your parents will not hear any extra noises made, if your parents have a very good sense of hearing, which my parents do!

Shooting

Now it is just a matter of shooting. I have found the best way is to take a decent run-up, and then just blast the ball into the wall about 3 feet away. Of course you will have more room, because my room is very small, so you can have more room for the ball to travel. Mostly the type of shooting you can practice is low hard shots, and inside of the foot and outside of the foot passes, so no high balls or curves of course, but at least it is something, and your parents won't yell at you for being loud and wrecking the house. Here is a drill I use on this.

Drill

Take the ball, and take a shot with your right instep. Now as the ball returns, take a shot with your left instep. Now when it returns again do a inside of the foot pass with your right, and then your left when it comes back. Finally to end the cycle, use the right foot and kick it with your outside. Then with your left. The time between kicks should be as minimal as possible. Repeat this cycle for as long as needed/wanted.

And that is my Home Shooting Program, enjoy![/b]
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Haha I'd been anticipating this for months and now it's finally here! Nice shots of your in-room shooting range. :lol:

Nice guide, this'll help people who don't have the luxury of living in California where it's 65 degrees in the winter. Jeez your lucky mate. Good work, there are always questions about how to practice things indoors when the snow keeps you inside, and this will help a lot.
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

ajc wrote:Haha I'd been anticipating this for months and now it's finally here! Nice shots of your in-room shooting range. :lol:

Nice guide, this'll help people who don't have the luxury of living in California where it's 65 degrees in the winter. Jeez your lucky mate. Good work, there are always questions about how to practice things indoors when the snow keeps you inside, and this will help a lot.
You like my room! Can't you see I cleaned it up, and I made my bed :roll: . I'm not very good at cleaning my room, much rather be outside playing football. Oh yea, and I made this because besides the fact that it is warm here in the winter, it rains a bunch too, so I need this as much as the next guy. Oh yea, and now you won't have to complain about your 20 degrees Fahrenheit weather with snow! SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU!! Hehe, peace mate.
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski »

The sad thing is, I will probably use this! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

why is that so sad. Anyway i have already made a way to shoot in the house and it requires no setup at all.
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski »

Not really sad, but more of me not being able to go outside now sad. And me using this idea of stashing pillows and kicking a ball at it. But hey, it will work for me, so I'm not complaining!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

yup whatever works works. Also whatever makes you happy unless its drinking or stuff like that then go ahead and do it. All things in moderation though
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Hehe, it is a pretty simple idea... not really worthy of much, but for people who hadn't thought of it, I guess it helps. Pillows... pillows make your shooting better!
soccerjunkie

Post by soccerjunkie »

mufc21 wrote:why is that so sad. Anyway i have already made a way to shoot in the house and it requires no setup at all.
Then make a thread like "An alternate indoor shooting guide" or something.
mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

no i wont make a whole new topic for it but i will tell you what i do. I use a small ball, smaller than size 1 and it is foamy in the middle. So it doesnt bounce much but it bounces enough and i use this to shoot. You could look for one at a dollar store and the best thing is, you dont hurt yourself no matter how hard or badly you kick the ball and i have never fell after messing up a trick. Perfect for indoor playing because it doesnt rebound or make too much noise.

Also how do pillows help your shooting. Just would like to know. Cheers
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Well, because with pillows you can shoot a normal size 5 ball and it doesn't make a sound. Playing with a foamy size 1 ball is good and everything, but you are not going to improve that much with shooting. Shooting a hard size 5 ball improves your striking, and power, while practicing in the comfort of your warm home. So pillows help your shooting!
mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

ye i might try it some time but my mom might kill me because i will get everything dirty
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 »

haha iwannagopro i use this aswell! :lol:
Thatz kinda creepy, but i also have a spare foam matress in my room and i pad that up with pillows and cover it with a rug...its a very effective soundproof, shock-absorbing wall. Good guide! :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 »

Man your always killing the good posts Pro man..kepp it up G
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Middleman13 wrote:Man your always killing the good posts Pro man..kepp it up G
Thanks mate... I have a new fan :D . You aren't bad your self mate, keep up the good posting! And your progress log, progress logs help a ton!