What to before moving to moves?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
HAKTheGenius
New User

Inspired by Zizou, I tried doing many moves including scissors, 360, in which I succeeded. But still my dribbling is not on the level.
Yet there r my some friends who can even stepover properly, dominate the game. I found that there is a level before moves, whcih must be accomplished before doing a move
WHAT IS IT?
I must know that I order to come to that mark
Pls. guide
A good footballer is always is a mystery,
better one can solve it,
but the best one is UNPREDICTABLE.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Just run around with the ball, don't do any tricks. Just run 20 feet one direction, stop, turn around, than run another 20 feet. Keep doing this. Also, try to put a few cones about 2-3 feet apart and dribble around them.

opm
Sophomore Member

i like to think that i can do alot of moves but only in practice. In a game situation i pretty much stick witht the stepover however before i was strickly defence and didnt try any moves or beat anyone. What i did to change my style was I started focus on only beating people in skrimage games. This built my confidence and eventually i reached a level where i felt comfortable trying to take someone on. If u get stripped fu** it who cares defence has it
Life's a grave, dig it

arsenal101

Dont go into a match thinking 'i'll do step overs or 360 turn today'. Like everything in football, it takes few days or few weeks even months to learn it, but can take a life time to perfect it. Do step overs so much that it becomes your second nature. You'll do it when you feel like doing in a match, its prolly when a good time to do it. You see zidane, ronaldinho and other modern footballers, howcomes they do step overs and is succesful in doing so? Let me suggest you go on youtube first, search the match of france vs brazil in the world cup 2006. you'll see zidane goes pass 2 or 3 brazilians, one of the move he did was one step over and cut to the outside. He did not go into the match thinking or saying to himself 'I will do this and that to get pass him'. It just came naturally because he felt that time it'll work and it was the right time and ofcourse it was the right time.

So summery. Don't tell yourself to do a skill when you go into a match. First do it on your own, perfect it, and do it mates, perfect it. Occationally, do it in a match when you feel like it mite work

Viduka
Veteran Member

Following on, in a match if you do a move too much and it doesnt seem to be working stop. Because you will lose the ball and then anything can happen. Also if teamates start harrasing you just try to ignore it and like arsenal101 said, only do it when it feels naturall. Finally, Practice makes perfect.

RonaldinhoSkills

I go into a game saying to myself "I am going to outpace everyone". "I am going to cut everyone". "I am going to skill up everyone". "I am going to lob the goalkeeper". "I will blaze the ball or do a cross from a very long distance or shoot from the halfway line". And it doesn't even fail. They're mastered but it don't come natural. Anyways, players like Ronaldinho plan to do stuff like that. I see it when they are practicing on the pitch, Ronaldinho practices elastico, he does elastico in the game, practices scissors, does scissors, etc.
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

If you can pull of a move in practice, you can do it in a game, just don't think about it. If there is a situation where you need to do a move, try it, don't be afraid. The very, very worst thing that could happen is you trip over your own feet and fall flat on your face.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Tell ya what, I've used to spend countless hours practicing the elastico, scissors, and the 360 but at the end I came to one conclusion that sounds really really dumb but is nonetheless effective:

To be a good dribbler you only need three things. Pace, Balance and Touch.

Firstly if you're going to beat anyone you'll need to be pretty fast, it just helps immeasurably, also you need to be able to keep your balance at all times so you won't deke yourself out, and finially you'll need to be able to touch the ball just enough so that the defender can't get it but you can, and you need to be able to do all these things all the time.

Out of the many moves I spent long hours practicing I found that only 3 are actually useful, and only two of them against defenders; believe it or not most defenders will be beaten simply by a good touch, but also many will be beaten simply by a rollover and a flick back the way you came, or just power ahead on the left foot. Also when running side by side with the ball, stop it with your lead foot and kick it ahead with the supporting foot, but only to get the cross in.

Finially scissors. Only use them on goalies, and even then only if you're one on one and it's the ONLY option (ie. if he's really tall and he's covering the angles) Even if you watch the pros play you'll notice they hardly ever use fakes, only Christiano Ronaldo continues to use "moves" but you're not Christiano Ronaldo, use KISS (Keep It Simple Soccer) because more often than not it's the good touch and the pace that'll get you past a defender.

Edit: Also, using cuts works well sometimes... and stay away from nutmegs or "pannas," hope this helps!

jonas Vanden Broecke
Sophomore Member

Many players start playing soccer because they like it . But when they get older they loose the joy to play the game .They want to make money they want to be the best but they don’t enjoy the game no more .

Ok if you want to be the best . I also want to be the best ! but I learned one thing ,enjoy playing! I had the same problem , In a training session I can do every move because I enjoy myself I don’t have no fairs of making a mistake or loosing the ball .I just forgot to enjoy while playing .

I practise skills every day that’s really important . If you want to succeed you have to train every day but you can train as much if you want if you don’t play by heart you won’t succeed Since a play with joy during the game and not with fear every match went better . So just smile and enjoy and the moves will come by itself .You don’t have to think about it , it just happens .

So if you want to be able doing skills you have to remember two things .
Practise really hard en enjoy playing .

greetings from jonas vanden broecke AKA Sanoj
enjoy the game and make them remember your name

RonaldinhoSkills

You can't just enjoy the game. You get sick of it and you don't want to play no more. You've touched the ball everyday non-stop for like 1 year practicing and you just want to quit. It gets boring.
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.