watching game film

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
johnny114life

watching game film

Post by johnny114life » 09 Jan 2007, 00:45

what do u look for when your watching a soccer game and a individual player wat should u look for

soccerfool2391
Sophomore Member

Post by soccerfool2391 » 09 Jan 2007, 13:04

being consistent in dribbling and passing the ball

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 09 Jan 2007, 21:09

Well, depends on what you're trying to study. If you want to look at how the player is controlling the ball then look at the player with the ball and what he does with it. But, if you are trying to gain field sense, look around the screen and try to "Envision" plays that could happen, so on and so forth. Find the open man to who the player could pass to, and other things like that. Most importantly, try to adapt what you see to your gameplay, then you'll just keep on getting better and better :wink: .
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Howard

Post by Howard » 10 Jan 2007, 00:46

It is sometimes hard to have better vision by watching games cuz their kind of play is very different from the teams we're playing in. But you can sure watch how players execute a certain skill. works only to a certain extent tho

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 17 Jan 2007, 02:13

AmericanFutballer wrote:Well, depends on what you're trying to study. If you want to look at how the player is controlling the ball then look at the player with the ball and what he does with it. But, if you are trying to gain field sense, look around the screen and try to "Envision" plays that could happen, so on and so forth. Find the open man to who the player could pass to, and other things like that. Most importantly, try to adapt what you see to your gameplay, then you'll just keep on getting better and better :wink: .
I would agree with that and I would like to add that you should also watch the person that plays your position. Watch his movements according to where his teammates and his opponents are.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 17 Jan 2007, 02:49

I could've sworn there was a topic on this. I did the search feature but couldn't find it............ ahh maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Anyway, follow what Real_Zidane and AmericanFutballer said, good advice there.
Click it