The science of football

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
mufc21
Veteran Member

The science of football

Post by mufc21 » 25 Dec 2006, 03:43

Okay we all want to get better and a lot of us on this site want to go pro but does it matter what time of day you train. Most people will say staright up No way. Listen to this, to get better at something you learn it through repetition until it is written into some part of your brain where you will now know how to do it. This way you will know how to do it for good and you will never lose it, after not playing for a while you will get a little bit worse but with a bit of training it will all come back to you.

No here the question 'does it matter what time of day you play football at' comes into play. Your brain is wide awake and ready for action all day but when the evening comes it starts to shut down. Does this mean that you will not learn as quickly if you play in the night and does this mean that you learn quicker in the moring when your brian is fresh after a good nights sleep. Through my quest to go pro i will try this discovery out and report my findings.

Thats why its good to stay in school. i never knew school would help me with football.

Hope this helped and this will probably have you wondering a lot more about the science of football

AZboy

Post by AZboy » 02 Jan 2007, 07:26

excellent, this is absolutely excellent. great idea

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 02 Jan 2007, 16:35

I heard when memorizing anything (a book, studying for a test) your brain works best between 5-6:30...so I would assume that is the best time but its doesnt give you that much.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

calisoccer

Post by calisoccer » 02 Jan 2007, 23:18

is that in the morning or the night A-man 147?
One Man's heaven is another mans hell

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 04 Jan 2007, 00:25

pm
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

Mattsta

Post by Mattsta » 04 Jan 2007, 09:09

Lol a few other things that could influence the final answer for this question: 1) Would breakfast have any impact on ur football like it does with school? Lol every1 knows scientists have suggested that a eating breakfast in the morning before school keeps u more alert and helps u learn and perform better then people who don't eat breakfast in the morning before school. Could this be the same with football? Breakfast could be that essential thing that u need to kickstart ur "football" day lol to make u perform better.

2) Lol maybe the morning wouldn't be as good for football cos the expression that some people use "I'm half asleep" could mean ur not as alert, at ur best and u might not be able to perform at ur peak because of tiredness or the fact u just got up. Sleeping in could be another improtant factor cos lol "overlseeping" might lead to tiredness as well and well the same things might happen to u as described above.

Anyway lol just tryna help, hope some if not all of it's at least "half-decent". Oh and BTW aman-147 don't spam/post boost like u did above by just writing "pm" and that's all. It's against the rules so maybe u better tell urself not to do it MOD, lol!

Cheers and good luck on ur quest lol.
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 04 Jan 2007, 14:09

For your original idea about your "experiment":

I think there are way too many variables to come up with any sort of conclusions about what time of day is best to train and how much of a difference it makes. There are so many things to take into account such as how hard you practice, what you eat, what level you are playing at, what skills you practice, etc.

The only way you could truly come up with a scientific conclusion from this would be if you had hundreds of kids on a strict training regimen where they all did the same things for the same amount of time at the same work rate, and had groups practice at certain times of the day and over years chart their progress as footballers. Your idea is interesting, but it probably will never be accurately tested.

To mattsta about A-man 147:

Calisoccer asked A-man if in his earlier post he was referring to the morning or the night, so he replied "pm." That wasn't a waste of a post because he was clarifying something that people had questions about.
Click it

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 04 Jan 2007, 18:08

Mattsta wrote: Oh and BTW aman-147 don't spam/post boost like u did above by just writing "pm" and that's all. It's against the rules so maybe u better tell urself not to do it MOD, lol!
ummm, im answering a question someone asked me, is that against the rules??? I dont need to boost my post cause i dont give a crap about that, people have to learn its about the quailty of the post not the quantity
Image KEvinR9

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 13 Jan 2007, 02:15

yes A-man you shouldnt be a mod for answering a question. LOL. Thats ridiculous, i think Aman knows a bit more about this site than you do so i dont think you have to worry about him spamming. Yo Aman since you are a keeper i need you to answer this question, when you are in goal how do you most often get beaten by an attacker:

A- from long range
B- Get dribbled past
C- Easy tap ins
D- Shots into the top corner
E- other

If it is other can you tell me how. I am on a goal drought and really want to score so i can help my team out and also be our leading goalscorer. I thought views from the forward and the attacker would be the best way to get better. Thanks in advance.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 Jan 2007, 03:11

^^^^^^^

You should probably just PM him or start a new thread, because your last post has nothing to do with this topic.
Click it

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 13 Jan 2007, 08:09

mufc21 wrote:yes A-man you shouldnt be a mod for answering a question. LOL. Thats ridiculous, i think Aman knows a bit more about this site than you do so i dont think you have to worry about him spamming. Yo Aman since you are a keeper i need you to answer this question, when you are in goal how do you most often get beaten by an attacker:

A- from long range
B- Get dribbled past
C- Easy tap ins
D- Shots into the top corner
E- other

If it is other can you tell me how. I am on a goal drought and really want to score so i can help my team out and also be our leading goalscorer. I thought views from the forward and the attacker would be the best way to get better. Thanks in advance.
Thank you...ill type the awnser in this topic because its a direct question and wont start a new discussion..the awnser is E, the hardest shots for me to save and for most keepers are the ones taken from the 18 yrd line drilled low to the corner, cause the human body just cant react that fast to the shot the others you mentioned i would actually consider a strong point in my game but 85% of the goals against me are the low shots form 18 yrds or breakaways.
Image KEvinR9

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 13 Jan 2007, 15:28

thanks and sorry about getting this off track. Now lets talk about the science of football.

Foxmero

Post by Foxmero » 15 Apr 2007, 00:04

i think the best time would be around 2-3:30 pm because your brain is wide and working. After 8 pm it is just a waste of training because your brain has virtually shut down ( assuming you woke up at 8 and 8 is your sleeping bed time) and everything you do will be based on muscle memory i think. Any way i dont think i am right but im just giving a suggestion
I Will Win The World Cup No Matter What It Takes
Image.

Thanks Shifty_fsu