And tips on how to trap the ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Saibomb
Veteran Member

I'm not sure what it's called but when the ball is coming down and you like grab it with your laces and pull it back down.

Any advice on how I can get it to work? I've tried it a thousand times and only rarely does it work.

peps1154
Veteran Member

kick ups will help, and juse of advice: when controliong the ball you shouldn't use your laces. I taught myself to do that and i got good but my neighbour(sp) who knows a thing or two about the sport told me to trap it with the outside or inside of the foot, and sort of hit it inot the ground. It is hardere unpredictable, and it gives u a kick start.

sumsoccerkid

just remember, its like catching a waterballon that will break on sudun impact. U must cushin its landing,

so u bring ur foot up and as it gets close to the ball move ur foot down with the ball, slowing ur foot slightly the closer it get to the ground. Move with the ball. Plus u dont have to catch it on ur foot. u can slow it down and once ur foot gets tot eh ground the ball just rolls off, thats better then having it stop on ur foot.

Keep practicing on moving ur foot down wiht the ball, it will become alot easier. Took my about 2 days :D, to get it to 95% of the time i can successfully bring it down

SSK

Magicfeet

I've got pretty good control, and I think it stems from years of a simple routine.

Boot the ball as high as you can, over and over again, controlling it on your instep. Eventually, try to boot it really high, then keep juggling without letting it hit the floor.

It gives you a great feel for how much to cushion the ball with your foot.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

alright, thanks guys, I'll go do that once it stops raining.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

I'm getting it to work now. I can do it like 80% of the time now, it's awesome! Thanks for the help!

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

I think i have an idea of what your trying to do. I do this alot as well I dont a very good chest trap so i use my feet but since its not good to let it fall so low i jump up kinda like a high kick and pull it down I call it my "ninja trap" lol my club team knows me for this signature trapping style. I'll try to get some videos up of me practicing it and showing how to cradle it down.

Mattsta

Dude you would find this trap so much easier if you just learnt footstall which really isn't very hard to learn at all...
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Hey try this, it's very similar to what you're looking to practice and gives a wide range of exercises for touch.

http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7174

EDIT: oh yeah and a little guide for touch just in case

http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7177

Saibomb
Veteran Member

k guys, thanks for the help, I can do it now.