Playing soccer everywhere

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
englishplayer

Playing soccer everywhere

Post by englishplayer » 18 Dec 2006, 04:42

I am personally obsessed with playing soccer at every time. Put me any where with a circular object and I will be entertained. What I want to know is what are some crazy places you play soccer and does this actually help you?

Some odd places I play are

Mini skate park
I have a rich cousin who is loves skateboarding and is a semi-pro skateboarder so having rich parents they bought him a mini skate park (it isn't huge but it does have a lot of ramps and stuff). He lives near me so when I go to his house I always bring my soccer ball to kick up ramps and have them come back down to trap them and usually I just like to mess around.

Shower
I have a little water proof ball in my shower that I love to kick around in there because my showers walls are curved so you can kick things up and down them. There is really no place to move around but it is fun trying to trap a small wet ball. Usually I take hot showers but sometimes I take cold showers to get myself used to being cold wet and trying to concentrate on soccer because we have a lot of cold rainy days where I live and I found that simulating that in the shower has actually helped me!

My room
Not exactly odd but what I like to do is set up goals and try to make crazy trick shots into them. I do things like get in the air off the wall and into a bucket. It's fun plus it requires a lot of accuracy and concentration.

Tell me what are some fun things you do with soccer balls and where are some unusual spots you enjoy kicking a soccer ball around in.

By the way mods I don't know if this should be in this section this just seemed to be the best place I could find.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Re: Playing soccer everywhere

Post by gunnerz23 » 18 Dec 2006, 06:37

[quote="englishplayer"]Shower
I have a little water proof ball in my shower that I love to kick around in there because my showers walls are curved so you can kick things up and down them. There is really no place to move around but it is fun trying to trap a small wet ball. Usually I take hot showers but sometimes I take cold showers to get myself used to being cold wet and trying to concentrate on soccer because we have a lot of cold rainy days where I live and I found that simulating that in the shower has actually helped me!
quote]

lol. That is very original...havent heard that one before. Soundz pretty cool though. How big is the ball? Tennisball size or like size 2-3?
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

englishplayer

Post by englishplayer » 18 Dec 2006, 14:22

It's about the size of a tennis ball and it's pretty cool the tricks I can do in the shower.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 18 Dec 2006, 18:38

Mate were alot similar, i can spend loads of time just kicking balls around anywhere. Some of my odd places are:

My Bed

Sometime when im lead in bed and cant get to sleep ill turn on my lamp and just lay there and see how many juggles i can do. I also see how many headers i can do lead down, that usually passes the time for me.

My Shower

I have a ball similar to how you described yours i just juggle it whilst im in there, i find it very hard as in my shower you have know where to go its just like a cubicle shower thing.

My bedroom

It where i spend most of my time with my football whilst inside. My little brother has a little inflatable goalto go in the garden so i use that at one end of my room and take shots as i have quite a big room once i've pushed everything to the side.

Skate park

I have one of these like 5 minuters from my house, sometime me and my mates go down there if its free and play a match on it. Its really good as there lots of obstacles all over the place and there is a ramp thing either side similar to the one on the far right: http://search.msn.com/images/results.as ... g&fi=false ,what we use as goals.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 18 Dec 2006, 23:09

While I never played in the shower I do play:
1. In my room and my basement just kicking the ball around
2. On a tennis and basketball court, ake the ball in the basket or smeck it againt a tenis net
3. Whenever I'm the beach
4. At my schools parking lot
5. I also have just went out on side street with the ball, its fun and it forces you to look up so u dont get hit by a car.

englishplayer

Post by englishplayer » 19 Dec 2006, 03:56

Cool, I used to play on a tennis court with no nets and I would get pick up games started, unfortunately I moved away from there.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 19 Dec 2006, 12:50

Yeh i also you my local tennis courts, i play volley ball ball with a football twist to it, you dont use your hands but only use your feet