Training indoor

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
soccerjunkie

I am trying to train but i cant

I dont have an available park or field i can go to and i have no grass in my back or front yard so Im forced to train indoors.

Currently all i am doing is working on juggling with a mini ball and regular sized ball.

So my question is how can i improve ball handling and control indoors (keep in mind i only have about 24 square feet of space, a regular sized ball, and a mini ball)

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Grass isn't the only surface that you can train on. You can train on concrete, stone, dirt, etc. Saying "there is no grass where I live", is hardly what I call an excuse for not training outside. I guarentee you that there is somwhere that you can train, whether it be a sidewalk, street, dirt road/path... almost everywhere is avalible and suitable.

I am not discouraging training inside, and I do have a few drills you can do. First of all, the juggling is good. Maybe you could try to get into freestyling? It is a fun hobby, and it helps with your skill tremendously. For a drill, what you do is put various objects around the room, and dribble at full speed and executing moves until you have them down. You have to really pretend that these cones, chairs, etc., are defenders, and you have to pretend that this is a serious game. Really get into it for full success. I don't know if You can use a wall of this room to bounce the ball off of, but if you do, you can do Expert's wall drills. Daily you can be doing Iwannagopro's Excercises for Improving Touch and JDefoe's Home Dribbling Program.

soccerjunkie

well i live on a busy street so i couldnt practice out on the sidewalk

and by the time i get home from school its about an hour til it gets dark and no one gets home til its just about to get dark to take me to some field and no field is within biking distance

Bizda
New User

whenever i'm inside I'm never caught without a ball at my feet. Whenever you go somewhere in the house make sure you dribble wherever you go, and don't let the ball touch any objects ie. walls, chairs, tables, shelfs.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

yer its simple: The more u play, the more you will improve.
Find somewhere to play, and dedicate urself 100% to training everyday.
Im sure there is somewhere around ur house to play.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Howard

I always train on a pathway or the court nearby. Football is not permitted, but I managed to train there. The man in charge there sometimes catches me kicking a ball around and made me leave which really sucks. When that happens, I'll come back a while later and hope he's gone.

Icy
Veteran Member

After school do you have anywhere with a wall and maybe even a light on or by that wall that you could walk to? I walk about 10 minutes so I can go train after school, just bring along a ball and it would be so bad. Or you can even just look for a street curb that is a little higher than usual and although it would be as good for a wall to rebound atleast it makes you work on being about to kick it low and hard.

Also if you still don't know somewhere to do it you can do as Soccer4Life recommended and do 'JDefoe's Home Dribbling Program'.

mufc21
Veteran Member

they already made a topic on this. Look around first. I wont reply because i already posted in that one.

soccerjunkie

i looked but when i searched indoor or inside it always came up with "indoor soccer" or "inside of the foot"

and could you at least post a link to the topic?

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Yea mate... this is hardly an excuse for not training. Like Soccer4life said (beautiful post by the way Soccer4life) you can do tons of drills every day on almost any surface, I train on concrete every day myself. So just figure out a good spot, and stick with it. There are people here who practice in illegal places and stuff, I'm not encouraging you to do that I mean, but if they are willing to break the law to get some playing time, you should at least be able to figure out a decent spot to practice. If you live in the city, find an alleyway or something, if you live in the suburbs, just bike down to a not a through road and train there. So just get out there!

toni_9
New User

ya man just get out there where i play there use to b grass but i ripped it all out with my cleats lol and now that winter is here it gets dark at like 5 but i still go out n play till like 9 and Bizda made a good point i am always playin arround with a ball at home it helps! bottom line is the more time u spend with the ball the better you will get :D

mufc21
Veteran Member

wait i will get the link for you.

mufc21
Veteran Member

viewtopic.php?t=7255&highlight=

heres the link. Hope his helps. Just do what you would do outside to the best of your abilities and focus on dribbling and ball control as playing with a small ball really helps that.

soccerjunkie

Okay thanks for everyone's help

I am now going to my friends house every day after school and then walking to the park nearby to play.

But i would still like to play at my house when night comes

so if anyone else has input it would be appreciated