70%
no
30%

Total votes: 10

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Training exercises

Post by soccerchic_06 » 21 Apr 2005, 20:31

For all those out there that train, please tell me what u do when u r practicing by yourself!! I need to know, cause i need to know what to do to improve sprints, stregnths, passing, dribbling, heading, control, shooting, etc. when i practice, and i would like to know a descriptive and working routine

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 22 Apr 2005, 15:32

when training on my own i always do ballwork-keepy uppy skills stepovers etc. playing the ball against the wall spend as much time with the football as possible.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 22 Apr 2005, 19:52

ok, do u have an exact routine anyone?

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 22 Apr 2005, 20:21

OK I dont have an exact routeine but i do a lot of keepy uppy and freestyle tricks. dribbling moves (stepovers,okochas,emersons,cruyff turns,maradonna turns etc.) hitting the ball against a wall to practice power/technique/curving the ball with both feet. I do all these because I enjoy doing all these things. As for speed and strength it depends on your age/height/natural build etc. It also depends what sort of player u are and what position u play but generally when I'm playing on my own I practice ball skills. But most importantly u must enjoy what u r doing.
Does this help?

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 22 Apr 2005, 20:24

i know this sounds slow, but what r all those tricks?

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 22 Apr 2005, 20:28

stepover the ball with 1 foot eg. stepover the ball with rite foot from the left side of the ball to the rite side of the ball then take the ball away with your left foot to the left and dribble on. C.Ronaldo does stepovers all the time. What other ones do you want to know how to do?

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 22 Apr 2005, 20:30

the best way i've found to learn to do these tricks is to watch the pros do them because they all sound very difficuilt to do when you explain them in writing but once u watch and see how to do them it is much easier C.Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Zidane being the best to watch for how to do them

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 23 Apr 2005, 01:18

Watch when the pro's do these tricks. Notice when they effectively get around players, they usually have a change in pace. They force the defender to come to a complete stop, then they will throw a fake and accelerate away. they will also wait until the defender bites, and leave him wrong footed.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 26 Apr 2005, 11:59

ok, do u know any games that r coming on soon i can watch here in the U.S.A.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 26 Apr 2005, 12:07

The perfect example is Cristiano Ronaldo. When he first came to England, he would do an excessive amount of tricks before attempting to beat a defender. It may look nice (well.... it looked fantastic, actually!) but it wasn't required.

Since he has reduced the amount of tricks he does, he is a much better player. Just a couple of stepovers and a change of pace is much more effective.

Remember (though I personally don't do this as much as I should) that a single feint is all that is required to beat the best defender in the world. Save multiple scissors, followed by an elastico until your team is winning, when the showboating can start!

When training on my own, I simply try and practice quick turns, and my control. Booting the ball as high as you can and trying to catch it on your foot (or take a single touch) before shooting... this has worked wonders for me!

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 26 Apr 2005, 12:55

Magicfeet wrote: When training on my own, I simply try and practice quick turns, and my control. Booting the ball as high as you can and trying to catch it on your foot (or take a single touch) before shooting... this has worked wonders for me!
yeah that is just "great", keep on training like that and you will maybe play in the next SUPERBOWL
-for strength i usually do push ups and sit ups (nearly thousand every day)
-for speed, i find a slope and i run 50m sprint up and down
-for accuracy, i have a small goal, and i try to hit it from 20-30m distance, but the point is that ball has to leave ground, so it has to touch ground exactly where is the goal
-for shooting, i have a goal a bit smaller than the real one, and i try to hit bar and posts from distance
-for heading i hang a ball on some tree and try to hit it with great power as many times as i can (it has to be high so you should jump)
-for ball control i run short sprints (20-30 m ) wih ball, trying to dribble imaginery opponent (sticks stuck in ground can be the opponent or some tree perhaps)

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 26 Apr 2005, 13:56

thats sum hard training u got..

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 26 Apr 2005, 14:53

that training made me what i am now: 190cm high, 85kg heavy powerful defender, but i am now having problem controlling my strength and power....

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 26 Apr 2005, 19:06

1,000 push ups....so you do like 10 sets of 100 throughout the day?

When i am by myself, its all skill training, i sprint a lot to, but i work on my shots by trying to hit the posts with power, i do dribbling moves in sequence as fast as i can, juggle, i also boot it up and work on my first touch that way like magicfoot.

any other training i pull from game experience.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 27 Apr 2005, 11:59

what should i do for speed?
And i kick the balll against the brick wall at our house and head and kick to do whatever i need, but my dad said i couldnt do that anymore because its bad on the ball......thats dumb!!! any solutions for control like that that im trying to work on?