Receiving - the foundation for success

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Inside of the Foot
Receiving air balls with the side of the foot can be used in many situations. Mostly it is used when you have a lot of space off of a cross. Make sure to be on your toes so you can adjust to the flight of the ball and maintain a balance position with the help of your arms.

1. Standing in a balanced body position, lift a free foot about up to your knees, this will give you enough space to pull your leg back upon impact.
2. Contact the middle of the ball with the middle of your foot.
3. Upon impact, your foot then moves with the path of the ball until it is set on the ground.
With this, I scored my first volleyed goal few months back.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Now in the Ensoccerpedia, how did I miss this one?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

delone

if u ask me this is 5 stars because this covers the entire control
so m8 heres 5 stars

keller8
Veteran Member

*WHISTLE*

Nice guide. Very in-depth. And i agree that receiving deserves a place on these forums.

NICE!
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

keller8
Veteran Member

How do you rate a guide?
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Expert will (hopefully) get the rating system up soon.

keller8
Veteran Member

cool thanx

eewarze
New User

hey all, i have a question, when you want to chest the ball, the guide talks about the whole body as a whole. i was wondering is there a need to have one foot ahead of the other? or parallel? or is it not impt?
thanks alot.
Very good guide, i always feel trapping is one thing thats lacking among myself and the peeps who i play with/ against. generally, youths.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

when recieving in the air i think the most important thing the balance aspect, the feet dont matter as long as your balance is there to help you control the ball.......
sig by 2brown347

ninjafootballer

Could you please add a section about bouncing balls?