What's Your Training Routine

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ageorge
Veteran Member

What's Your Training Routine

Post by ageorge » 13 Nov 2006, 20:52

Ive seen some posts including bits and pieces but post what you are doing to make yourself better. (mostly to compare your plan to others)

Mine:

Weeks 1-4 : First touch and ball control, with use of a wall, ( basically just the drills expert gives for a wall) On the weekends I do finishing with either real goals (I bring at least 6+ balls to use), or a wall

Weeks 5-6 + Dribbling + finsihing, Cone cuts--> found in training under dribbling (at least 10 reps each)and dribbling a ball on an open field at pace also practising moves at speed, home dribbling program and finshing drills using a wall or goal.

Repeat Cycle

The weeks given are not exact you can extend or shorten to fit whatever goals you have set.

Fitness I weightlift 2-3 times a week , I do sprint training and 30+ min runs 3-4 times a week.

Juggling - whenever im bored instead of watching tv just play with the ball.
Last edited by ageorge on 27 Nov 2006, 22:51, edited 3 times in total.

Stankovic_Inter

Post by Stankovic_Inter » 14 Nov 2006, 13:28

Ok here is my 10 week program
Note: I have a mix of Aerobic and Anaerobic exercises for each day.
Also this routine is a collection of information from this site compiled by me.

weeks 0 -2

Doing a range of exercises just to get your body use to physical activity

Weeks 2-6 or 4 weeks

Tuesday

• 5min warm-up
• Spiriting 10 secs repeat 10 times with 10sec break
• 30min - Ball control - You should try working on your dribbling in isolation. Just go out and work on moving around while keeping the ball under control. Try randomly changing direction and executing different moves all the while concentrating on your balance and control over the ball. Work on your moves repeatedly to learn the mechanics, and then eventually build up to game speed.

Thursday

• 5min warm-up
• 30min - Ball control
• Improving muscle endurance
Drill: Over 1500 meters (1 mile) of running, preferably on a sandy or elevating surface. It should be practiced at intensity between 60-80 percent.

Saturday

• 5min warm-up
• 30min - Ball control
• Cardio respiratory endurance
Drill: Over 3000 meters (2 miles) of running at 50-60 percent. It is recommended working on this at least once every 3 days.

At home every night:
• Pushups 3 sets
• Sit-ups 3 sets
• Dips 3 sets Increase amount if able to do more

Weeks 6-10 or 4 weeks

Tuesday

• 5min warm-up
• Spiriting 15 secs repeat 15 times with 10sec break
• 30min ball control - You should try working on your dribbling in isolation. Just go out and work on moving around while keeping the ball under control. Try randomly changing direction and executing different moves all the while concentrating on your balance and control over the ball. Work on your moves repeatedly to learn the mechanics, and then eventually build up to game speed.
• 5 x sprints with ball keeping the ball under control.

Thursday

• 5min warm-up
• 30min - Ball control
• Improving muscle endurance
Drill: Over 2000 meters of running, preferably on a sandy or elevating surface. It should be practiced at intensity between 60-80 percent.

Saturday

• 5min warm-up
• 30min - Ball control
• Cardio respiratory endurance
Drill: Over 6000 meters of running at 50-60 percent.

At home every night:

• Pushups 3 sets
• Sit-ups 3 sets
• Dips 3 sets Increase amount if able to do more

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 14 Nov 2006, 23:04

this post didnt show up for me on the forums, so im bumping it

Pokerized

Post by Pokerized » 14 Nov 2006, 23:10

10 minutes - Warm up and stretch
20 minutes - Juggling
20 minutes - Footskills, dribbling with the ball
Wall work out (From the FAQ from expert), normally takes about 40 minutes
Finishing drill (From the sticky on the Passing and Shooting forum), normally takes about 40 minutes
20 minutes - Footskills
20 minutes - Juggling
10 minutes - Cooldown and stretch

I don't do any running or sprinting, since I run track and we do that stuff every day in practice for two hours.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 27 Nov 2006, 22:59

Stankovic_Inter I think your plan is great except it needs a little work, you should only do fitness such as running, sprinting, jogging (aerobic) (3-4 times a week) and you should give yourself time to recover for that and after doing anaerobic (muscle workouts) activity too. You should include spending more time refining your technical ability such as first touch and finishing.