Goalie/Sliding and diving for the ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
So-Retro9
New User

Goalie/Sliding and diving for the ball

Post by So-Retro9 » 01 Sep 2006, 19:34

i was wondering how is a good way to practice sliding and diving for the ball??and some other technices as well that would help me in soccer???Beacsuse this is my second year as a goalie and i enjoy it well i ojnly play it for the 1st half than i play forward or mid field. and how do u jump for the ball well i know hoe to jump but wats the proper way???and wat are some good goalie drills to help me inprove????

Deaner
New User

Post by Deaner » 31 Aug 2007, 09:04

mark an area to start your runs from and then but a ball about 10-15 ft arching around you. practice running out and lsidding to the ball then get back the starting position and go the next one and repeat.

Try to run in a straight line to the balls (dont arch) and make suree you practice lsiding out both on your left and right.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 31 Aug 2007, 15:20

I guess these are dead topics, but you seem to be the only goalie around and providing information now, so I'll let it go.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 31 Aug 2007, 17:13

stand in the middle of the net, have a partner with 2 balls infront of u. When he yells "go" touch one end of the posts the second u touch it ur partner will throw the ball about neck level dive and catch or parry, then get right up touch the other post then ur partner will pass the ball on the ground, dive low and save it.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 31 Aug 2007, 22:15

Sorry for spamming, but I just want to say it's nice to see you drop by a-man. ;)

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 01 Sep 2007, 15:48

Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

a_twig

Post by a_twig » 30 Mar 2010, 00:51

Ooof, A-man, that's a tough drill for a beginning goalkeeper. If you're willing to perform the goalkeeping equivalent of suicide runs, go right ahead; otherwise, start with something easier. Get five to ten balls of any kind and spread them out over a space ten yards or so across. Run between each ball, slide or dive on it, get up, run at another ball, and repeat. Keep going for a couple of minutes (however long you last), and then take a break. A few points about this drill:
1) After diving, get back on your feet as quickly as you can.
2) Keep your dives short and close to the ground (the basic dive should not require you to "jump" at all).
3) SHOUT(!!!) as you dive/slide; for example, "KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (give or take a few exclamation points).