defenders that jockey and wait for u to put it past them?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
joe a.k.a ronaldinho
New User

how do you cope with defenders that wait until you make a move and just turn around as soon as you slip it past them? :mrgreen:

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Try to get them off balance and then blow past them/ cut to the outside or inside. If that doesnt work try to make a horizontal run which can open up passing lanes. Or just make a simple pass to get the pressure of you.

Check out this topic. It shows a way of unbalancing defenders:

http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3894

joe a.k.a ronaldinho
New User

how often do u tend to dribble in a game although I know it should depend on the situations of the game

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

I dont dribble 1 on 1 during games that much i just prefer cutting outside and making a horizontal run or passing the ball, but if i have to do a 1 on 1 I'll go for it. It all depends on the situation and what type of player you are. In some situations players prefer passing while others prefer dribbling because they are dangerous dribblers that open up spaces as they eliminate opponents. I say if you can pass the ball but if you are feeling confident go ahead for the 1 on 1 if its the only thing to do.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

all you need to do is beat the defender once and they'll give you a lot more respect. as el maestro already said though, you should usually go horizontally or look for a simple pass. don't be afraid to play the ball back to your defense, just be smart about it. if you have a really good defender on you, try to use fitness against them. make horizontal runs (make sure someone covers for you!!) and stretch the defense. make the other team run more than your team, and you'll have the advantage come the second half.
Hala Galacticos

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Say if he is facing backwards with his body open to your right side. You take a quick touch parallel to his closed side (your left and forward a bit). And once you do this a lot, you will see that he has to turn his body away from you and to the other side to get to the ball. When you have the timing perfect, you can see his body turning and do a Zidane turn.

So it is like you fake to the left, he turns his back to face the direction you faked, while he is turning you have already started doing a Zidane turn and he turns to see nothing, you turn and suddenly you have switched him positions. That's just one of the things I do.

Jack-of-all-trades

XstaticX wrote:Say if he is facing backwards with his body open to your right side. You take a quick touch parallel to his closed side (your left and forward a bit). And once you do this a lot, you will see that he has to turn his body away from you and to the other side to get to the ball. When you have the timing perfect, you can see his body turning and do a Zidane turn.

So it is like you fake to the left, he turns his back to face the direction you faked, while he is turning you have already started doing a Zidane turn and he turns to see nothing, you turn and suddenly you have switched him positions. That's just one of the things I do.
Yeah, just blind him by attacking his blind spot. :)
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

racketylui
New User

When a defender lays back and waits for you he is either scared to get hit off or is waiting for support. The defender usually is a pretty good distance away from you. Most of the time if you run at him with a burst of speed then cut to the outside and run horizontally you will get away even if you arent that fast, this will usually result in a good passing lane or an easier dribbling situation because the defender will speed up so he can catch up to you and it's easier to hit someone off when they are coming at a high speed. Hope this helps.
If you do nothing you will be nothing