My training anger

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
soccerchild27

I hope this is the right place to put this... so, i'm 15 and i've been playing soccer since i was 5. This is the first year i am actually serious and motivated. (due to anemia, which is beside the point.) Anyway, i started practicing for 3 hrs a day. I'm making myself vary angry :evil: . I CAN"T FOCUS :!: I have read a lot of the forums and the training section, which were vary helpful. I'm trying to get as many touches as possible ,but i feel like i'm only getting a good 20-30 minutes of quality taining. My HS just started to do preseason conditioning and on the 17th i'm starting the summer plan this website had so i'm getting more fit, which i'm told will help a lot. But what about the focus? I have dozens of goals and i keep reminding myself of my desire to play pro (NOT IN MLS). But again i feel that i'm spending all this time and barely improving. Can anyone help me be more productive and focused. thanks...

P.S. srry if you've heard this a lot before or if this is in the wrong spot. :?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

You need to choose one goal and focus on only that. I've been where you are, you want to improve everything fast. It doesn't work that way. You have to take it one step at a time.

For example, if you want to improve your shooting then focus on only that for a week. Set specific goals, such as "I want to consistently strike the ball accurately when running at full speed" or " I want to bend the ball with power." Then focus all your time on acheiving those goals before you work on anything else.

Once you identify specifically what you want to acheive, look around the forums, you should be able to find information on any technique there is. And make sure you know exactly what drill you are going to use to improve your skill. If you go out on the pitch just saying that you are going to practice shooting then you won't get much done. You need to have a detailed plan of what you want to do and how you plan to acheive it.

Hope that helps. :wink:

soccerchild27

Yeah thanks thats helps a lot :D. Any ideas on how not to be so easily distracted. I found a quiet spot with not much going on but I even get distracted by bugs. :? I think I have ADD :( ...Ohh Look Shiny :!:

Futbol
Sophomore Member

dont keep going for so long

soccerchild27

how am i supposed to get better touch if i don't do it all the time?

Ronaldinho10

Your touch will be improving all the time , it just happens in smal amounts so that you may not notice it. Assess how much your touch has improved every month or if your that impatient then at least evry couple of weeks.
Sressing out about not improving (even though you probably are) will defenetly not help so just chill out and try to have a little more fun when your practcing.

soccerchild27

will do thanks :D

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

ajc wrote:You need to choose one goal and focus on only that. I've been where you are, you want to improve everything fast. It doesn't work that way. You have to take it one step at a time.

For example, if you want to improve your shooting then focus on only that for a week. Set specific goals, such as "I want to consistently strike the ball accurately when running at full speed" or " I want to bend the ball with power." Then focus all your time on acheiving those goals before you work on anything else.

Once you identify specifically what you want to acheive, look around the forums, you should be able to find information on any technique there is. And make sure you know exactly what drill you are going to use to improve your skill. If you go out on the pitch just saying that you are going to practice shooting then you won't get much done. You need to have a detailed plan of what you want to do and how you plan to acheive it.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Not neccesarily. There are many aspects to the game that you should be practicing daily. If you spent a week only on one thing, and then you move on to another, then you would be too focused on that and your other skills that you want to learn are neglected. This is what is probably making him unfocused is concentrating too hard on one thing. Variety helps your focus more. For an example, my training is 1 hr on skills/moves/feints, 1 hr on shooting,1 hour on ball control at the wall, and the rest is playing with my mates. I stay focused because for that hour, i know i will get to move on to something different and you get improved all around, instead of only on one aspect, and then forget about that. For only pracitcing one thing for a week, other things don't get the attention, and that skill you learned for a week is not strengthed after you learned it because you are focusing a whole other week on this new "priority".

soccerchild27

see i've been kicking the ball at my garage and then for 30 min , juggling for around an hr, then i try some freestyle moves for another 30 or so, and last i work on my dribbling at pace and dribbling moves. I figure this is all focusing on one thing ball control. Then i'll do a variety of things to better improve shooting and passing (on top of "passing" at my house).

I also go to preseason conditioning where i work on endurance, speedwork, and all the skills i need in a scrimmage.
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

thrillboy
Veteran Member

I have the same problem man. All I do is smack the sh** out of the ball. I broke my fence once.I suggest you try smacking the ball when u are angry.

soccerchild27

although practicing when you're mad is productive it almost fuels my anger more, I have to draw, sleep, or break something with my hands to relax. I don't really beat the ball for release but more for the practice. It helps sharpen the skills i need for defense. By the way i did try to use your kicking the crap out of the ball for anger.
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

thrillboy wrote:I have the same problem man. All I do is smack the sh** out of the ball. I broke my fence once.I suggest you try smacking the ball when u are angry.
Yeah, when I am angry, I just go outside and kick the ball at something as hard as I can. It really does help me realease anger.

Pokerized

Remember though, the ball can't get hurt, but it can die. Don't kill your ball.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly