What to do whn defending against 2 attackers

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

It has always been waiting for the pass to be made to the other player. For me, I'd backed off many times and letting the goalkeeper deal with the ball carrier while I would cover the pass to the free man. It's easier said than done but U will have to do alot of calculation at times.

Legend
New User

Try to keep him running, give him a bit of room to run but not too much, and try to force him off to the side. I am not too great at blocking passes, but I rarely get beat by an attacker on the run, so my main goal would be to try to force him off and let him run rather than pass. He is still going to have to cut back into the center eventually, and once he commits to the run, just try to deposess him or stay with him until he decides to pass or shoot, which will be easier to block when he doesn't have many options. Just watch if he tries to shoot it through your legs. Hopefully one of your defenders would get back. Another thing to do would be to close off his pass and then put him down when he tries to run. YOu'll probably get called, but its safe if you are far away from your goal and you dont already have a yellow.

sumsoccerkid

If im in a two on one situation.. ill do my best to block the pass.. if the other attack ur behind him.. theres not much u can do but block the lead pass. if they are side by side..i will position my self to push them outwards to the sidelines and put myself in a position where he can only shoot.. so my goalie then can focus on the ball and not have to worry about positionging himself to block a cross...

By having myself where i am.. the attacker moves outside..giving my fellow d time 2 catch up, taking time away from the attacker(which is very valuable) and giving my goalkeeper a clear view of the ball.

I donno if its the best..but it alwasy works for me.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Just like hockey...

sumsoccerkid

also little note to add to my previous post. Once the attack starts to get really close to my net, i will start to close in a little, putting him underpressure, i wont fully commit, but i will kinda "let him know" that he's not passing, and if he wants 2 shoot he better do it now, or its game over for him.

Also never be afraid to talk 2 them. Countless times ill be in a 1v1 on the sidelines, and pushing them beack towards their end, and i will tlak 2 them, let em know u dont want them 2 mess up. I just think of how i can get in his head. Or if he shoots and i block it ill come back after i get it awa and say, to bad maybe next time. Just gets in their head, after a couple times they feel that they can't get past u or cant score, and it effects their game a whole lot. If i play against friends i do it the most. Just talking get's their mind off it. But remember watch the ball as ur talking to them, they can hear u, u dpont wanna make ureself look like a fool when ur tellin them they cant get poast u and the nutmeg u.

SSK

Mattsta

Majority of the time. Your screwed. But that isn't your fault. so blame your fellow defenders and halfbacks that arent getting back
That's actually not really that true. I play centre defence and sometimes my fellow defenders are still at half-way (yes I do yell at them but in the nicest way possible) so it ends up being "two attackers against me the lone centre back", I know that they want me to try to attack the one with the ball so he can pass it to the other thus beating me and giving them a good chance for a clean shot on goal.

Since they want me to come up and attack what I do is pretend I am running up to attack the guy with the ball, making him pass but then what I do is intercept the pass and get the ball, get it up to the mids and yeah...

Sometimes this won't work and u will have to do this but it reuqires speed so if ur not fast u may wanna brush up on ur spped because if ever u r faced with a situation where this is the only thing left to do, then u won't get anywhere without speed.

Basically what u want to do is recover from what has just happened and try to chase after the guy with the ball, by this time the coach will be probably yelling at the other defenders to get back so if they are back they could help u out if the guy passes the the other attack etc. Well if u do get close and have a chance at winning it try cutting him off or slide tackling him. ;)

hope it helps
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

rileytricky
New User

Well its pretty hard against two i would jus jocky in between them waiting for him to either pass or make a move wide of you wait for him ta make the decision giving your keeper a little bit of chance if you force them wide of the net :D

ronaldinho172
New User

when defending against 2 attackers you should go to the one with the ball, if he beats you you should commint a foul, lets say he puts the ball past you u put your body to blcok him, if he makes the pass the other guy will most likely be offside

BonitoJoga
Sophomore Member

defend the one who get the ball and block the angle where he can pass to his teammates that should do the trick