The Cadillac program for developing skill

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Saibomb
Veteran Member

Post by Saibomb » 26 Dec 2006, 00:36

one question, I don't have a wall and I was wondering how much rebound nets cost, does anyone know?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 26 Dec 2006, 02:08

check amazon.com they have a lot of them and they range from about 35 to 300. A good one would be about 50 but are you sure you have no wall. If you dont then go and buy one, it would be a good buy.

light11

Post by light11 » 05 Jan 2007, 08:47

how long should this be

sandiovive

Post by sandiovive » 16 Feb 2007, 01:36

great post. made me want to practice loads.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 06 May 2007, 00:11

Yes! I have all summer to work on this since I'm not playing soccer this year. I hope it'll do to me what it did to you (I'll start it when the break begins).

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 06 May 2007, 06:06

yeah I was wonderin as well, why did you call it the cadillac program

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 08 May 2007, 04:29

Cadillac as in the "best", the "greatest".
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

CentreBackBench
New User

Post by CentreBackBench » 25 Oct 2007, 07:29

Great guide, it's really useful. Just thought I should add for anybody that doesn't know, that there are A LOT more plyometric exercises. If it hasn't been done before I'll make a guide all about that.

P.S. I love defoe as well but for some reason whenever I read your name I read it as Joe Pedo :P

David_93

Post by David_93 » 02 Dec 2007, 08:48

mb1471 wrote:to add on to what he said, make sure you do this stuff every day of the week except game days and do it for at least 2 hrs per day otherwise youre wasting time.
Do you waste time when you practice 30 min. Because I think I just have time to do it 30 min today, and you say if I do it less than 2 hours I waste my time. I think that is wrong. Do you mean that if you dont do it a least 2 hours a day, then you dont be good enough to be pro?

c_ronaldo7
Sophomore Member

Post by c_ronaldo7 » 20 Jan 2008, 19:56

that is a really good post

good job jdefoe

mister_rating

Post by mister_rating » 22 Apr 2009, 08:55

I do the wall training 5 days a week.2 hours daily.The problem is after a while it becomes boring.
It becomes boring and I want the training to end,I can't stop looking at the watch.Should I change something?
Should I kick the ball with my full power on the wall?
And about the speed stuff: I only do some plyometrics,speed ladder drills and some foot contact drills and a weight training -> 3 times a week.
Is this really helping my speed?Or I should run sprints or something like that?
I have 15 years.I'm from Romania.
On 20 May I will go a week in the Gica Popescu's soccer school.Because I was there at tryouts and the coach said I will go after school one week there to decide if I stay or not.
P.S: Great post jdefoe,it really helped me!I hope you answer my questions.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 23 Apr 2009, 14:34

mister_rating wrote:I do the wall training 5 days a week.2 hours daily.The problem is after a while it becomes boring.
It becomes boring and I want the training to end,I can't stop looking at the watch.Should I change something?
Should I kick the ball with my full power on the wall?
And about the speed stuff: I only do some plyometrics,speed ladder drills and some foot contact drills and a weight training -> 3 times a week.
Is this really helping my speed?Or I should run sprints or something like that?
I have 15 years.I'm from Romania.
On 20 May I will go a week in the Gica Popescu's soccer school.Because I was there at tryouts and the coach said I will go after school one week there to decide if I stay or not.
P.S: Great post jdefoe,it really helped me!I hope you answer my questions.
First off, make sure you are incorporating these drills in your wall practice:

http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=535

If you already are, I feel you. I do these drills too and they get repetitive. Try different things such as doing them faster (while maintining quality).

An additional drill is this:
Find two walls about 10 feet apart (across form each other). It doesnt matter how high they are, as long as they are no lower than 1 foot.
Facing one wall and pass the ball against it. Trap the ball with the same foot.
At the same time setting the ball up to pass with the other foot agains the other wall. Trap the ball again with the passing foot and repeat the previous steps.

To challenge yourself even more:
make the passes harder/quicker
Trap,turn and set the ball cleaner and faster
Instead of trapping the ball with your passing foot: try trapping it with the other foot, turning and passing with the passing foot again.

As far as speed goes take a look at my posts in this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=14844

Fartleks and stairs will help you with speed,acceleration, and quickness.

barcafan

wall

Post by barcafan » 12 Aug 2009, 11:16

where can i buy a rebound net. :?:

barcafan

wall

Post by barcafan » 14 Aug 2009, 19:52

is it ok to like kick a playground ball.(the size of a soccer ball) against a wall inside. will that give me bad touches?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 14 Aug 2009, 19:55

It shouldn't. What kind of material is it? Some kinda rubber or whatever can't be that bad, and might even teach you to be more gentle when receiving it.

If people can practice with tennis balls, playground balls should be just fine. ;)

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!