Backyard pratice

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
johnny114life

Beside jugguling what can i pratice in tight spaces i dont have a big back yard. And where can i watch soccer matches for free

jdefoe
Forum groupie

fast footwork, and a dribbling in a figure "8" pattern would tremendously help your close control.

socR

you can practice kicking the ball at a wall or fence, dribbling, dribbling moves, etc. for the soccer games you can just go to you school and watch the games, but that is all i can think of. good luck!

Futbol
Sophomore Member

What's the "dribbling in a figure 8 pattern"?

mikaldinho

basicly dribbling in an 8 shape usually around 2 cones i guess

Tridentus
New User

i mentioned this before, but dribbling around furniture is better than cones (ronaldinho trained this way as a kid). position chairs around, and organise a sort of simulation of getting past a load of defenders. ive tried cones, juggling and my method a lot, and i can honestly say the furniture method(this might sound wierd and unnecessary but,) is more realistic with the amount of space u hav around defenders. u also hav to keep ur balance at the same time (a massive reason for ronaldinho's success) which u dont with cones.
dont take foul play for nothing. tackle the SH*T out of 'im

Tridentus
New User

if ur going to use cones, make them random.

RonaldinhoSkills

I'm always playing in the backyard. I have for 1 whole year, like atleast 1hour a day.

I usually find a spot, paint it or something like that... Keep kicking it to improve your accuracy and foot strength.

Also you can freestyle, juggle, atw, atw combos, stalls.

Also you can do Trick Skills on no object... lol... Keep practicing a trick skill on nothing for like 50 times or something like that and then do it on a real person.
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

Tridentus
New User

practicing tricks is advisable; this is coming from a defender. if u can do them well enough, they will come in useful in situations, not just when u r face to face. it will also raise ur confidence big time.

king geedorah
New User

a disarray of cones helps...you never encounter defenders one behind another...developing sharpness of your cutting through randomly placed cones helps big time..

try to get some wall passing going, with a fence or around a tree. the more you get used to doing it, the more instinctive you will be in game when it comes to 'one-twos'

when it comes to practicing tricks, try to incorporate them into your dribbling through cones, so you can have a feel for doing them while you are dribbling. instead of just stoping and performing tricks.

render unto Geedorah what is Geedorah's