real fast stepovers

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
spectacles boy

how do u do a real fast stepover..............it is very funny when u see me do stepovers......i want to do a real impressive stepover !!!!!!!!????????? how ?????????

Bestofthebest

mine is not fast but i practice on it everyday just keep going over the ball at fast as you can each day, thats what C. ronaldo does
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

calisoccer

some people have said putting on ankle weights and then practicng stepovers makes you faster. ive never tried it so i dont know for sure, but there are alot of threads with similiar subjects

RedStar

if u look at c.ronaldo who does amazingly fast stepovers u can also look at the way he runs and moves notice he seems like he is tip toeing, u might be able to do faster stepovers like that tip toeing.
thats what i think, correct me if i am mistaken
hope that helps
Chinese blood, Brazilian heart

noah
Sophomore Member

stepovers require a few things... i think perfect practitce makes perfect so watch how the pros do it, maybe slow it down step by step and try and implement what you see. The way i practice them is just simple up and down changing direction and speed, head up. Also be sure to sell the fake... really push your body in the direction of the stepover and make sure you can cut to both left and right sides with confidence and don't get caught with your head down for too long.
think two passes ahead.

ronaldinho91

i do practice my stepovers quite often i'm half brazilian so i listen to samba while i'm doin them it makes it easier if you listen to music, in south america everything is based to music even Ronaldinho says he imagines music when he plays, But i don't get what this obbesesion is with doin loads of stepovers before you reach the man, by the time you've done five it's lost all it's suprise look at ronnie he hardly ever does more than two but when he does he puts all his body into it and most the time the defender falls over, it's how you do the the stopover not just how many, you gotta really put you body to one side and the defender can't help losin balance then explode away.

Speedy
New User

Stepovers.

Ever since I've seen Cristiano Ronaldo do his step overs/ scissors I was in awe.

I tried doing it that fast but only go so fast. However over time the speed went up. So I figured that just plan practice would work for speed and measurement etc.

However I've read this somewhere else and think its very important:

It's important not to just do a step over the left and then go right. But to know when you do a double/triple etc. you have to look at the opposing defender's feet/ waist to see if you goes for the fake and shifts body weight.

7FootballSkills7
New User

i have been practising them recently
here is them after a few days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPfobN1jIfY
eventually i know the speed will come right now im concentrating on technique.

newbienyj
Sophomore Member

for me, it doesnt matter if i do how many stepovers as long as it is effective. it is all about quality not quantity, like zidane

mak9

i agree with newbienyj

i use step over quite a lot in games and training......mainly to off balance the defender to do a cross or take a shot

i can tell you.........anything more than 3 stepovers is redundant and distrupts the flow of the game for your teammates

when I do them, on average it is one step over and i'm gone and out of teh 100 of times I have performed them only 8-9 times I've been stopped and it was because either I slipped or lost my footing

what cristiano does is way too redundant and typically it leads to no where but a pass back to center back defenders. If you watch Ronaldinho from a few years ago, he would always do 2-3 step over and sends a killer pass to eto who scores.

Currently I don't watch too much man u games, but some of you guys who watch c. ronaldo tell me how many step overs (not lunges) does he do. I bet you its a lot less than what he did from 2-3 years ago. Thats one reason why he is becoming a better player.

mak9

7FootballSkills7 wrote:i have been practising them recently
here is them after a few days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPfobN1jIfY
eventually i know the speed will come right now im concentrating on technique.
i saw the video...its good to see you are practising the move

but personally I think the 6 step overs is redundant.....but its up to you on what type of football style you want to play

some other tip I can give, is to try not to look at the ball.....the more you practice you'll realize your feet will "know" where the ball is and where its heading

this also brings the reason why I suggest doing 1-3 step overs...because that way you don't have to look at the ball.......but to do 6 step overs you will have to take a glance if you don't want to fall over

7FootballSkills7
New User

thxs for the advice i will use it to improve more

williampro

use ankle weights that will help, that's what i do.........