practice

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
newsoccerplayer
New User

Hi, can anyone tell me what i could do to practice deffending? I am 15 years old and I just got interested in soccer but I have always been naturally good in every sport exept this one it will take a little more. I've been interested in it for about a month now and I've gotten my sister to help me because hses going to get a scholarship because of soccer so she is good.

Anyone know any way I could practice and get very good kind of fast(I'm willing to work HARD). As you can see I am a little behind and I would love to be a deffender.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Well soccer is not like American Football there you are just good or not. In soccer you need to practice to be good. Other than that fact I have to say that you should look ate the other topics, here and in the fitness section since this question has been asked before.

edma
Sophomore Member

u cannot master soccer in 1 day or 1 month or even 1 year. i take long time to improve urself. i believe that all the profesional player as we can see today, they work hard for years so they can play high level soccer. dont give up. if u had ur own team, practice soccer everyday. if there are tournament dont afraid to try and play it harder.
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

newsoccerplayer
New User

I understand that. Exept I think I if I try hard enough then I think I will be very good in a short amount of time. I am not like normal people. i've always been good at every sport and I've always been able to be very good at it very fast. I've been playing football for two years now but I am probably the best in my parish in my grade. When other people have been playing football for years and years(I am talking about American football not soccer).

Is there any practices that I could do to improve my skill(practices that i can do by myself). I've read in the other boards but I want to see if there is any more.

I am willing to practice for about 2 hours a day and about 4 hours on saturday and sunday.

J
Admin

newsoccerplayer wrote:Is there any practices that I could do to improve my skill(practices that i can do by myself). I've read in the other boards but I want to see if there is any more.

I am willing to practice for about 2 hours a day and about 4 hours on saturday and sunday.
What is it that you want to practice and need improvement on? You need to be more specific. There is so much info in the forums here. It really just comes down to hard work and effort. There is not much more anyone can tell you that's not here already.

Bestofthebest

1. Watch alot of games that way you gain experience faster
2. You have to pracitice what you've seen the pros do, shielding, every movement with the ball, creativity, passing, shooting, runs the whole package. Study every minute of the game
3. Try to play with friends even if they're better than you, you gain experience, Tell them to pass you the ball because you're trying to get better, you have to make runs
4. this site has alot of information, you just have search for it
5. if your beginner juggling is the best remedy, it increases touch

I like your determination, i think you can do it. if i think of more i will post em
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

newsoccerplayer
New User

I would watch games but I don't know were to watch them at. Is there a site that will let me watch pro games that have already happened.

Also I have been practicing 2-3 hours everyday and I think I've been getting much better. I've been juggling or what I think is juggling.
Would hitting the ball on my knee instead of my ankle be considered juggling?

I pratcice with a friend every once in a while doing one on one game things. He is the best player at our school and one of the best in the parish at his age and I steal the ball from him more than he gets passed me(hes a forward).

Another question I have is how long do you jockey a person before actually goin for the ball.

englishplayer

you have to jockey them until they make a mistake. for example you want to go in for the ball when they take a touch that is too big. i played defender for a long time as well and i have a little time for you, try to get your body between them and the ball. for example if they are dribbling and they take a touch that is a little too big then slide your body in between them and the ball.

by the way good luck. you seem very determined so i think you can become good quickly

RedStar

no specific time go for the ball when the chance is there, when he put the ball too much forward go for it. anther thing when defending i think is to approach sideways dont face straight on really easy to get nutmegged(ball through ur leg) and also when u r approaching sideways some good dribblers will keep on cutting the ball to wrong foot u so u have to be able to turn left and right really fast and smooth otherwise u will fall and embrass urself.....
well since u r new to the sport u should practise the basics, the essentials like passing dribbling around cones and recieveing......
but getting really good at soccer takes time, the way i got good(well better) is by playing all the positions in soccer(u require different skills)
i started playing goalie at first and this is good as u get to see the flow of the game how each player move u have the time to really understand how different players moves with the ball, then try defence it also let u see the more detailed way strikers or fast dribblers move with the ball, shielding the ball and striking so playing defence also improve ur game in offence as u learn from playing. and then u should move on to striker and practise to move fast with the ball through obstacles like dribbling through cones(or tree i think its better) and learn to strike the ball really well.
(by kicking at a wall or just repitions) just try all the positions in the game
hope that helps
Chinese blood, Brazilian heart

Bestofthebest

go to http://fbtz.com/forum/index.php for the games, registrations is free need bitcomet to download the files. pm for an further details
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

newsoccerplayer
New User

Thank you all.

I will start using your suggestions next time I play someone. Yeah I do go for the ball after someone makes a mistake but I was making sure.

This might make me look stupid but what is a striker?

RedStar

u r not stupid i guess its more of a european name for forward but i think it express more on scoring goals (striking the ball= shooting)
no question is a stupid question especially if u r new to this
Chinese blood, Brazilian heart

newsoccerplayer
New User

oh, I didn't relize it was a forward.

Thanks

deathstar
Sophomore Member

aewsome

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

deathstar, there are no point in these posts. They have been dead for ages and a post like aewsome does nothing!! It just looks like you're trying to get more posts!!!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin