Useful dribbling moves

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing

Do u know cool dribbling techniques w/ the ball to confuse the other team?

YES
83%
no
17%

Total votes: 29

Kevin

damn I never really trained on dribbling, but allthough im really strong in it. I also improvise and actually I don't need to do fancy tricks to go past a defender, I just run past him and do some quick moves with the ball ...

tominho
New User

thanks for the tips, tominho. did you just practice these tricks over and over again so you now do them automatically?
yes i practice some moves uncountable times to be able to do them without thinking.when u develop better close control u will find in quite natural to improvise. my advice is try and master close ball control.
"we did not win today because we lost" Ronaldo De Lima

I USE TRICKS ALL THE TIME . I PRACTICE EVERYDAY AND WACTH CONSTANT VIDS ON GREAT FOOTY PLAYERS LIKE RONALDO (THE REAL ONE) AND JAY JAY OKKOCHA

DRIBBLING IS MY PASSION AND I LOVE SHOW BOATING

GO RONALDHINHO :lol:

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

okocha is one of the best to watch. he can beat anyone
Hala Galacticos

sOcCeRKiD11

yea..does any1 no any sites that have his video clips

Daniel
New User

My favourite fake is the double scissors.
2 step overs is perfect because 1 doesnt throw the body weight off and 3 slows the momentum.
Its also good because you can do it at no speed to gain space. ie step over, step over, drag back.
A.C.E Pride

Gunner_d14

I like the rolie to be honest..it's quick can get it on the go and gets around and between defenders
-The Beloved One-

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

What's a rolie?
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

dooglas
Veteran Member

switch of direction man, like pull it back with the right and hit it forward with the left and use speed, but thats not much of a trick, stop and go's work a lot, if your fast.

nut megs are always useful, cuz not only is the opponent embarrassed he has to do a full turn to get back with you.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Oh, yeh, there are too many names of moves that come naturally, like rolie, you don't have to practice that move to be able to do it.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

akimatsu

i am a very creative dribbler, and i almost always go past the first defender without even thinking. then i kinda go, "ah nice move, now what should I do to the second guy right about 10 meters off?" then of course you cannot stop and think, so you dribble at him. i tend to avoid the same tricks over and over again, and i get stuck on the second guy. any tips for this?

dooglas
Veteran Member

dont go through the second guy...get rid of it.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Chileno
New User

soccerchic_06 wrote:okay, i have a problem. i dont know many tricks to confuse people w/ the ball. the only one's i know (and i dont know they name for them) is the one where u swing ur foot around the outside of the ball and go another way that confuses the defender. also one that when u stepovr the ball and then kick it with ur other foot as a pass, or something that just confuses the other team and pushes the ball in front of u up te field. I know this is sad, so can ya'll help me, please :(
THANK YA'LL
The step over is a good move to make any player going the wrong way
work like this , step on to the ball moving the ball were you want the player to go the touch quick to the other side , using speed .

Chileno
New User

Chileno wrote:
soccerchic_06 wrote:okay, i have a problem. i dont know many tricks to confuse people w/ the ball. the only one's i know (and i dont know they name for them) is the one where u swing ur foot around the outside of the ball and go another way that confuses the defender. also one that when u stepovr the ball and then kick it with ur other foot as a pass, or something that just confuses the other team and pushes the ball in front of u up te field. I know this is sad, so can ya'll help me, please :(
THANK YA'LL
The step over is a good move to make any player going the wrong way
work like this , step on to the ball moving the ball were you want the player to go , then touch the ball with the outside of your foot to the other side using your speed .

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

you prolly should get rid of the ball but if u get past the first guy scissors on the 2nd guy always makes him nervouis cuz he just saw his teamate get burned and he'll b closing his legs lol do like ahwole bunch of stepovers than cut it, the problem is ur teamates prolly get mad