Useful dribbling moves

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing

Do u know cool dribbling techniques w/ the ball to confuse the other team?

YES
83%
no
17%

Total votes: 29

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

okay, i have a problem. i dont know many tricks to confuse people w/ the ball. the only one's i know (and i dont know they name for them) is the one where u swing ur foot around the outside of the ball and go another way that confuses the defender. also one that when u stepovr the ball and then kick it with ur other foot as a pass, or something that just confuses the other team and pushes the ball in front of u up te field. I know this is sad, so can ya'll help me, please :(
THANK YA'LL

for those ppl who said they new some tricks and everything, why dont u write them down, because i am in the same boat as soccerchic

CASA15

My favorite move is the sissors but we call it the rono and I belive its in the move section if you dont know how to do it. I find it most effective when you start to do multiple steps over the ball fast when you are coming up to an opponent. most opponents have no clue what you are going to do. lol if you have time look at their face its so funny. lol.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i pretty much just combine stepovers, matthews, and shoulder dips to get all kinds of crazy moves. the dribbling section in here is great for learning new moves.
Hala Galacticos

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

i dont know what any of those moves are, which is why i asked u guys to explain it to me, along w/ other personal moves of ur own.
Oh, and nice font color, guest :lol:

Lopez

i always go on high speed and dribble in open spaces, and i also try to avoid defenders directly, cause i think it's nearly impossible to beat them with tricks when they're standing next to you and focusing on the ball.
tricks have always the disadvantage that you don't know if they'll work, i got a hardcore ronaldo dude in my team and he does i dunno how much scissors when he meets an opponent but they aren't to fool with it cause they know that you aren't able to move when one of your legs is in the air and then they catch you the ball away. there's also the problem that you've to imagine that the defenders aren't just dummies on high levels. so do tricks when u can execute them perfect, don't lose the ball because of fooling around.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

Maradona
Veteran Member

Yeah there's always timing and a situation when executing
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

read the "creative dribbler" article in the training section.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

wow that really helps, jdfoe!! bye the way, what are some moves ya'll have created??

jdefoe
Forum groupie

i made up a faster version of the matthews. I dont actually "hop" i just pull the move off in one motion. It seems to throw off the defender

Maradona
Veteran Member

I do my Fliptastic as I described above and the heel pop and hit it again with my heel over da defender (it isnt dat successful)
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Artilheiro
New User

i have some problems of understanding what tricks ur saying, licke soccerchick, maybe its because o dont know the names of most of them in english, since its not my mother language, but the trick i use most frequently to try to confuse the oposing team, i gues it could be the step over, and sometimes, just lift the bal a litle with my foot to one of the sides after passing my legs around the ball twice or something like that, i normally like open spaces, like one of u said, u can sometimes confuse urself trying to drible the oponent, so in situations like that, when the pressures really bg, the best option should be trying to move the ball to an open space and be faster that the oponent in reaching it, of course u could try to fool him with the direction ur gonna go

tominho
New User

to tell u the truth when i am on the field i just improvise with my skills.after the match i do not even remember how i performed some of those skills. i had to work very hard to reach this level of dribbling.

tip:when u think about beating the defender to much u will probably mess up. it should be spontaneous. also use ur environmet to help u for example if u see a teamate on ur right and u think the defender is aware of his presense perfom a fake pass ur teamate's direction and the defender should bit.
"we did not win today because we lost" Ronaldo De Lima

tominho
New User

ohh and yes just practice. when ur r faking make sure u drop ur shoulder as much as possible and keep ur head up ( it makes u less predictable). aslo use ur hips in the faking motion
"we did not win today because we lost" Ronaldo De Lima

madridfc
Veteran Member

thanks for the tips, tominho. did you just practice these tricks over and over again so you now do them automatically?
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."