How to control the height of the shot?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
someone
New User

I just want to ask how can i control the height of the shot when i m curling it (inside). i always get it over the bar or else rolling on the ground. anyone plz help me. thanks

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

controlling height is controlling height. it depends where you hit the ball, how you follow through, and how you lean. to curl the ball you hit it as you normally would (depending on the height you wanted, you would strike more towards the top or bottom), only to the side more.
Hala Galacticos

Bestofthebest

cfrealmadrid wrote:controlling height is controlling height. it depends where you hit the ball, how you follow through, and how you lean. to curl the ball you hit it as you normally would (depending on the height you wanted, you would strike more towards the top or bottom), only to the side more.
what he said and the chest should be facing down
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Bestofthebest wrote:
cfrealmadrid wrote:controlling height is controlling height. it depends where you hit the ball, how you follow through, and how you lean. to curl the ball you hit it as you normally would (depending on the height you wanted, you would strike more towards the top or bottom), only to the side more.
what he said and the chest should be facing down
that's if you want a low to medium level shot. as i said, leaning forward or back can greatly affect the height of the shot.
Hala Galacticos

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

The more you lean back the higher the ball will go and also depends on the power you put into the shot. If you want a low shot you need to lean forward over the ball.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Somewhere in this clip Oskar puts in a perfect curler right into the top corner of the net, study his movment. It might take a while to load- http://www.youtube.com/w/El-Zaragoza-sa ... h=Zaragoza

upandcoming

you should just go outside find a wall and practise shooting different ways and leaning different ways and soon enough you will find out when you shoot different ways how the ball will move for you and if it will go high or low ect. and yes for low and hard shots you have to put your chest over the ball and hit it with your laces. But that as not necissarly the form if you are working with freekicks and curling the ball. You do not want to lean over it or your free kick will just get screwed up on you you need to lean more to the side.