Most amazing trick you've ever done

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Gaucho

Most amazing trick you've ever done

Post by Gaucho » 12 Mar 2005, 21:56

I did flip flaps. BUt once i went to collect a short corner, the corner taker drilled it to my feet, and a defender was tight behind me...i just gave the ball a little tap with the outside of my right foot. It spun around him about waist height, and i ran around the opposite side and put the cross in. What's yours?
Gimme the ball.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 13 Mar 2005, 03:14

i hardly ever use really fancy moves in games, but i've done several nutmeg variations. i won't bother to list them, but there's about 5 i can actually do.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 13 Mar 2005, 03:49

What are nutmeg variations???
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 13 Mar 2005, 03:57

Oh, I just found out, getting the defender off-balance, I do this too, Juliano Belletti does this well.

Is flip flaps the thing that you described???
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 13 Mar 2005, 14:34

i did a maradona in the quarterfinal for states. it was so cool cuz there were like 3 people on me, and thats the only thing that could have gotten me out of that mess. and then everyone in school the next day were congratulating me and stuff. it felt awesome
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 13 Mar 2005, 15:04

What do you do to get the defender off balance FCBarca? explain this please.
Gimme the ball.

CASA15

Post by CASA15 » 13 Mar 2005, 15:14

I usually do a ronaldo or the most amazing one ive pulled of was a tornado.( i dont know what you guys call it but my team calls it a tornado because you have to spin on the ball).

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 13 Mar 2005, 15:25

tornado's are standard m8. We call them rollie pollies lol. Any1 ever done a rainbow? for me , the best place is near the corner flag. while screening him, jus pull it off, its amazingly suprising and if done correctly you'll get away .
Gimme the ball.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 13 Mar 2005, 17:29

My best move was in gym class when a guy challenged me 1 on 1 evry1 was lookin at us and da gym teacher went to get cones, da guy was athletic compared to me but I rainbowed but he caught me so I nutmegged him...
he was off!

Ppl were amazed dat I improved suddenly cuz last year i didnt even know how to kick a ball.
Last edited by Maradona on 16 Mar 2005, 21:43, edited 2 times in total.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » 13 Mar 2005, 17:56

I like to give nutmegs to in a match. 2 weeks ago I did a nice tornado (I suggest you guys mean the "Zidane" trick with this ?), I used it when I was dribbling 3 guys or something in a match and there was a moment I really needed to use it and suddenly I did it and finally I scored ...

Today I did a variaton on the nutmeg; it's when a defender is standing in your back and when you get a pass you let it go between your legs. If the trick is working, it should get also between the legs of your opponent and it worked today. Allthough I couldn't turn me on to get the ball, a teammate of me directly received the ball :)

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 13 Mar 2005, 18:02

that's wikid, I'm trying to get the 1st time flick over the defender's head tho. Its kinda hard, all u need is a real firm pass . When he's on your back, and the ball is fizzed to your feet, use the top of your toes( works well in F50s) and flick the ball over u and the defenders head.
Gimme the ball.

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 13 Mar 2005, 21:14

CASA15 wrote:I usually do a ronaldo or the most amazing one ive pulled of was a tornado.( i dont know what you guys call it but my team calls it a tornado because you have to spin on the ball).
what the heck do you guys mean by a tornado? you mean a maradona??!!?
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

CASA15

Post by CASA15 » 13 Mar 2005, 21:16

ya some people call it that but our team knows it by tornado becuase we were taught to spin on top of the ball.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 13 Mar 2005, 21:31

i've tried rainbows, but i usually lose the ball right away. i can nutmeg almost anyone though.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 13 Mar 2005, 23:08

Gaucho wrote:What do you do to get the defender off balance FCBarca? explain this please.
My game is built around the old Ronaldo, when he played for Barcelona, Eto'o also seems to be doing the same things.

What I do is... I hit the ball back and forth side ways between my feet, I get closer to a defender and suddenly add a speed burst to hitting the ball sideways, then I go to the foot where most of his weight is so he is forced to regroup and change his balance then I hit it to his other foot and when he moves quickly use your speed and hit it back to his pevious position and hit it past him and run for the ball.

I don't know if you get this, if you need a better description just ask. That's only one combination, a great one is when you fake a shot and he bites for it, then you have plenty of options.
FORÇA BARÇA!