Good attacker

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

How do u stop a good dribbler when he is running at you ? He can pass you with his momentum and has the option to pass anywhere.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

ok this sounds weird but it works most of the time for me (note if you do it right)
Ok you know the dummy step well when a attacker comes at you do it fake that your gonna come at him let's say to the left he'll start to go to the right and boom you got him ! hope this helps a lil it works for me
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Pele158

Mr. SoccerMojo is right. A dummy step, but get in postion to run with him. And he will go after the step a direction and you should get it or contain him.............Also you can just get ready to run with him, then giet it or contain him.
"Sometimes I even amaze myself, and sometimes I do things that make me want to punch myself in the face." Freddy Adu

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Mr. SoccerMojo is right.
I could get to like that lol but really force the guy to screw up and than attack that's the whole key.
cause that's what he's trying to do to you
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

peps1154
Veteran Member

I think that if the attacker is good enaught nothing can stop him. However I doubt your attacker is so good so the most important think to do is to watch the ball, not the crazy feet. Alos jokey him away from goal if you can, and do the dummy step as the guys before said. Lastly don't bite and keep your balance. If you yourself are a good dribbler it help because you understand the attackers moves better when defending.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

As a defender u wanna stay on ur toes cause if the attacker catches u flat footed,he can easily get passed u before u can react

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:As a defender u wanna stay on ur toes cause if the attacker catches u flat footed,he can easily get passed u before u can react
Thats a good tip, thx for help every1
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

deano7

I love attackers running at me lol, I would say i come on top 90% of the time by using the fake step and keeping on my toes and watching the ball. Also good accerleration to recover would be a good idea.
Never Criticise your own ability.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

peps1154 wrote:the most important think to do is to watch the ball, not the crazy feet. Alos jokey him away from goal if you can, and do the dummy step as the guys before said. Lastly don't bite and keep your balance. If you yourself are a good dribbler it help because you understand the attackers moves better when defending.
These are the no.1 prorities that should always be in a defender's brain.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

I just usually take a step towards the player like imma try to get da ball. a fake or sumtin. and then i angle my body so that my side is facing him. once my side is facing him i can follow him in any direction he is going. i can turn around and get him. or get him from the other side. thing is u gotta time it well and be quick enough to get the ball once he's decided which side he's gonna go to.

The_Majestic

I know this is an old thread, but I have something to say. During high school season, I was defending against a player from Solar '89 (3rd in Nation from 89 group) and he was making a full run straight at me just outside the 18 yard box. I stepped up a little bit and bent down low trying to force him on his left. He dribbled straight at me and at the last second I made a pretty badass tackle on him. His knee slammed against mine, but it didn't hurt me for some reason, but took him out of the game. If the ball gets by, make sure he doesn't as well. But in this case, I got them both, so it was alright.
2005-2006 Sophmore starter as Varsity Sweeper.
2004-2005 Freshman starter as Varsity Left Back.
2003-2004 NTX Strikers '89 Right/Left Winger.
2004-2005 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.
2005-2006 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.

edma
Sophomore Member

as i know,if u face a good dribler, just dont rush to get the ball.hold and stay in a perfect position(not too close not too far) from the dribler. calm and read the dribler movement.dont get fool by fake movement...
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

zizou10-5

well if hes really good u can't stop his dribbles really, but u have to force him to ass at least, deny him space, n try to push hiim to the sideline, be rough as well, legally rough.

Vanish
New User

You shouldnt rush any opponents -.- Well, anyway. I know many of you know this, but you havent write it. Alsways push the enemy to the sideline on his WORST foot. Like im rightfooted, so if you meet me, you want me to finnish with my left foot (some people can use both foots, but alot ppl with really good techniq dont...)

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

i've been playing basketball more nowadays to be able to learn more about defending and apply it to football. i noticed that you should always be shuffling your feet or else your man will blow past you. always stay on your toes and shuffle your feet.