dribbling a football well reading

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
upandcoming

I heard some where that by dribbling a football and reading a book your dribbling will be improved because you will be forced not to look down at the football. Apparently your on the pitch thinking will also be improved because if will force you to use your brain and process the information your reading and dribbling will just come as a second nature. I tried it and the first few times i got a minor headache but after that it became easier and it seems to have helped my ability to dribble the ball with out ever having to look at it which is a skill that many players lack. If you can learn to dribble and recieve the ball with out ever having to look at it that is a huge skill to have.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah this is a great skill to have, knowing where the ball is and not having to look at it. This is a major benefit on the pitch, u can then easily and quickly find an open teammate

Bestofthebest

sounds so crazy it might work
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

zizou10-5

loli guyess it would help,but i bet u no pros have done this though, can't imagine Ronaldinho dooing this when he was a kid lmao.

pascalfrik

i also don't think ronaldinho did this when he was a kid but if you watch him during a soccer match he often looks the other way or doesn't look at the ball which he must have practiced also in some kind of way and to me this seems like one of those ways.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i think this is probably one of many specific ways to increase dribbling skills without looking at the ball. good idea though, i'll try that and see how it works
Hala Galacticos