How can i improve my left leg?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
adidas
New User

I can kick a soccer ball pretty far on my right leg,but i can't kick as much on my left leg.What do i do?

peps1154
Veteran Member

Thee is only one answer practice repeating it over and over again all the time.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

it's all about learning teh same techniques over again. it's all in the practice.
Hala Galacticos

Ronnie9

that's what i did, been practising and always trying to shoot pass and control with it and now im alot better..

adidas
New User

It's working :wink:

Ronnie9

adidas wrote:It's working :wink:
Goot to know bro :)

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

That's great that you are improving. By how much are you better, and how long did you practice?
God damn brewery!!!

KaMurder

a fast way to improve is to only use you left foot the whole season and it will be as good as you right foot.

agg
New User

I read somewhere that you will improve your bad foot the quickest if you use both foot equaly.

I suggest that you go to a wall once in a while and kick and control with both feet. Dont forget about dribbling to. Its very effective when you change your dribbling foot while dribbling. Also, try to do juggling tricks with both feet.

Fantasista

Can anybody tell me how to improve strenght of the foot?I cant kick really hard :oops:

Tridentus
New User

Fantasista wrote:Can anybody tell me how to improve strenght of the foot?I cant kick really hard :oops:
the foot has got nothing to do with it. unless ur very small, every1 over 12-13 shld be able to whack it if they hit it properly. the ball will not travel nearly as far if u hit it along the ground, so the higher u can kick it, the further u can kick it. is that ur problem??
dont take foul play for nothing. tackle the SH*T out of 'im

Tridentus
New User

KaMurder wrote:a fast way to improve is to only use you left foot the whole season and it will be as good as you right foot.
now that is just stupid. if he uses his left foot in matches, hell get creamed. there is no trick to it, just practice. so many ppl underestimate what 1-2 weeks of practice on a particular thing will do.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

^^^

I know someone who did that . Just use his left foot and dont care if people talk. Now his left foot is better than his right foot, and I have to say he is the best player I have ever met in my life.

However, using the left foot for the whole season is quite risky. If i were you i would use both depending on what the situation is. If you are in a situation where you need to cross the ball with your left foot go ahead and do it dont hesitate.

Tridentus
New User

i agree it is a huge advantage when u can finally do it, but u can just do it in training, and make it better. ronaldinho, while being capable of using his left, uses his right far more often. in my personal game, it doesnt really matter. im a versatile defender/midfielder ('cept for wing), and i very rarely find myself wishing i cld use my left better. i use it to dribble a bit, but i switch to my rite to pass or shoot. if u play on the left, attacking midfield, or in strike, of course it wld be useful.

The_Majestic

Whenever you are learning a new section in algebra class what do you do? You practice learning the solution over and over. How about when you are in the gym lifting weights? You don't get stronger just because you are bench pressing more weight, but because you are doing repititions. Repetition is the only way to master anything you do in life whether that is soccer, school, work, etc. There is no way to just because an instant success with the left foot. You have to make sure that you use the correct part of the foot and everything else that is required in making a proper kick. Once you repeat the kick over and over your body learns to act with the left foot naturally.
2005-2006 Sophmore starter as Varsity Sweeper.
2004-2005 Freshman starter as Varsity Left Back.
2003-2004 NTX Strikers '89 Right/Left Winger.
2004-2005 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.
2005-2006 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.