beating players

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

well instead of using tricks you could use little fakes, accelerations, and cuts. it should get you past defenders. these are especially useful if you play on wings

Ronnie9

I think the game that el maestro mentioned is the best way to make a better dribbler out of yourself, I and my friends do it all the time and its really working for me, I think you should try doing this game mikej.. and if you wanna beat players without tricks you always can count on your pace acceleration, robben does it all the time.

mikej
Sophomore Member

Thanks Ronnie9 I might try that game. I really want something that you can practise on your own though to improve your 1v1's. I know that sounds crazy but is there a way?

arsenalrools

lol only actually usefull wen in attack or even mid sometimes... but u just need to practice 1v1 alot, do it with friends, or just play about 5 or 10 on 1 and u being 1.. coz all these kids at my school ask to play me.. and theres usually about 1 of them coming at me.. so i get used to taken them all 1v1.. all 10-14 year old who are pretty good!!
'Coaches can teach you to be smart, but no-one can teach you to play' -Henry

Check Out Ma First Vid: Click Here

Ronnie9

mikej wrote:Thanks Ronnie9 I might try that game. I really want something that you can practise on your own though to improve your 1v1's. I know that sounds crazy but is there a way?
I cant think of any actually.. maybe you can work out on every move you got there and try to improve its speed/accuracy/technique and then go try'em out on a victim :D

mak9

*~El Maestro~* wrote:well instead of using tricks you could use little fakes, accelerations, and cuts. it should get you past defenders. these are especially useful if you play on wings
These moves are essential for attacking players. The key is to have these litte tricks installed into your head so you don't think about it but you just do it automatically. The problem with these moves is that you can really hurt yourself if the defender misses the ball and hits you!

arsenalrools

yep thats true, it can be very pain full when u pass them, they miss the ball and get u accidentaly, youll get a free kick no doubt, but you qill probably still be on the ground by then!!

madridfc
Veteran Member

repetition is the key. practice one specific more at speed, for instance the scissors, by scissoring with the right foot and taking away with the left. keep doing that over and over and over again until you are completely comfortable, then try scissoring with the left foot. do these at speed without a defender. then when you get into a practice or a game, these moves will flow easier into your play. from practice, you will learn in what situations to use these moves

develop your trademark move(s). most profesionals only have a few that they can use all the time and that will work almost every time. focus on one at a time
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

mak9

arsenalrools wrote:yep thats true, it can be very pain full when u pass them, they miss the ball and get u accidentaly, youll get a free kick no doubt, but you qill probably still be on the ground by then!!
Just to add to this, although you don't see these hard hits on TV it really happens. I saw a video of ronaldinho doing these simple feints on five different players and it showed up front what kind of beating ronaldinho was taking, I mean huge driving kicks right into the shin, it may not hurt but the pressure caused by it would just trip you to the ground very hard.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

sure beating players 1 on 1 is important, but its obviously not everything. For instance, doing a triple scissors on a player followed by a cryuff, and finally getting passed the player is probably less efficient than a simple 1-2 pass to a teammate, where you can easily break down the opposition. Passing, and playing balls into space is the best way to do this.

Also, you should only take players on 1v1 when you are in a good position, and you know you can beat them. You will be much more sucessful and helpful to your team.

expert
Site Admin

mak9 wrote:Just to add to this, although you don't see these hard hits on TV it really happens. I saw a video of ronaldinho doing these simple feints on five different players and it showed up front what kind of beating ronaldinho was taking, I mean huge driving kicks right into the shin, it may not hurt but the pressure caused by it would just trip you to the ground very hard.
You got that right. Dribbling is very rare at the higher levels of the game. Very few guys can pull it off effectively and persevere. The only time you'll see dribbling is when a forward is going against the last defender or out on the flanks when a winger has only one person pressuring him.
I always smile when I see young kids who dribble a lot at the youth level and think they're the next Ronaldinho (who by the way distributes the ball about 80-90% of the time.) Then you put one of those youngsters against older and bigger opposition. Few tackles later and the young guy withdraws and all his moves disappear.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

expert wrote:
mak9 wrote:Just to add to this, although you don't see these hard hits on TV it really happens. I saw a video of ronaldinho doing these simple feints on five different players and it showed up front what kind of beating ronaldinho was taking, I mean huge driving kicks right into the shin, it may not hurt but the pressure caused by it would just trip you to the ground very hard.
You got that right. Dribbling is very rare at the higher levels of the game. Very few guys can pull it off effectively and persevere. The only time you'll see dribbling is when a forward is going against the last defender or out on the flanks when a winger has only one person pressuring him.
I always smile when I see young kids who dribble a lot at the youth level and think they're the next Ronaldinho (who by the way distributes the ball about 80-90% of the time.) Then you put one of those youngsters against older and bigger opposition. Few tackles later and the young guy withdraws and all his moves disappear.

lol exactyle expert thats what happens to me man :? when i play people with less talent i always pull of tricks but when i player better people who are more agressive i never try thos dribbling tricks.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

mikej wrote:Thanks Ronnie9 I might try that game. I really want something that you can practise on your own though to improve your 1v1's. I know that sounds crazy but is there a way?
thanks ronnie9? who mentioned the game first? lol jk

Piccadilly

change of speed and also they will watch your face, thats the trick
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

arsenalrools

what i learned the other day while in a atch... is that, they always look at your feet then your eyes, this indicates which way they go and how fast theyll go at it... this is how people save penalties, but in defenders cases, its where they put there legs next.. take that in mind!!