In House Practicing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
edma
Sophomore Member

now is my rain season in my country and i cant play football coz it always rain. the field that i use to play football full of water. so i decided to practice in my room@my house.anybody have a tips about how we can pratice in a small places...
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

Santana

first go to the room that is the biggest among all other rooms that you have then put everything a side and make that your training room :) .somethimes i practised in my bed room as well but you can get frustrated soemthimes becasue the ball bounces on bed and stop doing the tricks casue its too crowded with stuffs and beds.

do you have a big garden or garage? then practise there or mybe you can go to a place for playing futsal
the ball is a part of my body!

expert
Site Admin

When practicing you ought to strive to work at game speeds so I think it would be really hard to do something productive unless your room is huge.
I've never had any success with in-house training. As a kid, I remember that when it rained, I usually went to practice at this outdoor hockey ring. Its floor surface was a hard steel mesh so all the water would drain.
Last edited by expert on 14 Oct 2005, 21:48, edited 2 times in total.

Shep
Sophomore Member

you can practice control and quick passes/deflections. Just line up as far from a wall as possible and kick it at the wall then control it. All the time you should be concentrating on your form. As for quick passes you can control and turn to face the other wall or run to the ball and turn or what ever you want. Personally whenever i get bored i just put some music on and walk around the house playing the ball off everything. The only way you are going to break something is if you have no ball control!!

J
Admin

Just dribble the ball around your house evrywhere. You dont have to do it at a fast speed. Just do cut backs and different moves with good technique. Do it around furniture and any objects in your way.

I wouldnt necessarily call it "training" but its gonna help somewhat with a getting a good feel for the ball, and learning different ways it comes off your feet. Its also gonna help with dribbling in tight spaces which will definelty help in a game situation. Just have fun with it and make the best out of your circumstances.

I always have a ball at my feet pretty much everywhere i go in my house and it has definetly helped me.

I know how you feel too because it has been raining where i live for like the last 2 weeks and all the fields are just mud. it sucks :evil:

peps1154
Veteran Member

Don't rain stop u, like I know where u live its serious, but as long as its not thundering u should go out and play no matter how bad it rains and even if the field is mud. Unless ofcourse it is dangerous or ur parents/spuse dont want u to go. But I personally LOVE to play in rain, thats when i play my best, there is just something in the air when it rains, something that drives me.

J
Admin

It more about effeciency when i train. Im not gonna go out to a filed with mud, where the ball go's no where. I can get alot more done in a little space in backyard.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

yea i remember one night i was watching freestyle vids on a stormy night and i still went out for like about a hour in the thunder its great

Christopher

When I can't train for soccer I train for boxing and fighting, even though I wouldn't hurt anything I didn't have to. Just get a speed bag and a jump rope and train with those 6 days a week, and take a break on the 7th. When spring gets back you be just fine.

matt
EF Forum Legend

park ji-sung used to dribble a ball and do keepy-ups in his house. he would set himself targets like 'how many keepy-ups can i do whilst walking up and down stairs' etc. so it works for some.

i think the best in-house training may be 1) visiting expertfootball 2)watching games on tv. also keep yourself fit by doing other indoor sports for a while, such as basketball, swimming or cricket (nets). or go to the gym.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Christopher

I recorded most of the MLS games this year. I've recored over some of them but I still have the final of Galaxy vs NewEngland I got the overtime and all of it :D