Receiving a hard ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Toe Bounce

Receiving a hard ball

Post by Toe Bounce » 01 Oct 2005, 00:06

What is the best way to cushion a pass coming in the air at high speeds?

And how can I trap with my head?

thanks in advance

AC_Milan>*

Post by AC_Milan>* » 01 Oct 2005, 00:52

If you want to trap it out of the air you can do two things:

1. Bring your leg up to about your waist, and just as the ball is about to hit your foot, pull your foot down and cushion it.
2. When the ball is coming down, bring your foot up a little bit, and bring your foot over the ball as it hits the ground.

I'm not sure on trapping with your head, just cushion it as much as you can.

Sig by me.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

Post by Futbolstud » 01 Oct 2005, 00:58

well u could chest it down wich is the easiest thing but u gotta put ur arms up and flex ur pecs so it doesnt hurt and also u could jump in the air and instep it but thats alittle more difficult when u instep it u have to pull your foot back or else u will have a stone touch and it will bounce right off. u can control with ur head byhitting it alittle higher than ur forhead and kind of chip it back to yourself.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 01 Oct 2005, 01:18

soft feet, cushion it as much as possible. i have trouble with the balls that come straight down, im never sure how to trap them, but the ones you explained, its simple.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

RG900
Veteran Member

Post by RG900 » 01 Oct 2005, 15:00

sumtimes i try to chest da ball or i raise my leg and intercept da ball easily so it wont role off or go in a wrong direction
RAMI 07

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 01 Oct 2005, 16:15

i hit with my chest and then stop with the sole of my foot not sure wit the head one

The_Majestic

Post by The_Majestic » 01 Oct 2005, 16:40

Don't try to control a hard ball with your head. If your wanting to control a hard drive at you, then try using your thigh or try a chest trap by bending the top of your body over the ball as it comes under your head. If you want to trap it with your feet, then trap it with the inside of your foot. If you just HAVE to use a head trap, then get under the ball and as it comes down to your head, start bending your knees and go down with the ball and it'd probably be better to hit it with the top of your head so it goes straight up and not in front of you. So for head, just go down with the ball.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 01 Oct 2005, 19:02

Useing your chest is problly the best thing but to use your (this is only one of many ways to trap it w/your head if ya need anymore let me know)
head
you have to first judge the speed and pace of the ball then try hitting it
where it goes stright up that's the best way to trap it w/your head it's very hard to get it down but it can be done cause I do it all the time
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

x2reme21

Post by x2reme21 » 03 Oct 2005, 13:30

[quote="karlofootball10"]soft feet, cushion it as much as possible. i have trouble with the balls that come straight down, im never sure how to trap them, but the ones you explained, its simple.[/quote]

thighs are the best.

Toe Bounce

Post by Toe Bounce » 03 Oct 2005, 23:53

I don't have much trouble trapping high balls, the hardest thing for me is when the ball is coming mid-height with speed. When I try to trap with my thigh it will just glance off to the side or past me.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 04 Oct 2005, 04:50

Toe Bounce wrote:I don't have much trouble trapping high balls, the hardest thing for me is when the ball is coming mid-height with speed. When I try to trap with my thigh it will just glance off to the side or past me.
the best thing to do is use your chest but for the thigh just keep working on it then you'll get it down it take s a while to find the magic spot
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 04 Oct 2005, 12:16

My biggest prolem is reciving passes, I got great dribbling good crossing and shots but my receiving especialy of hard high passes ij just horrid, however I constantylwork on it and Im geting better.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 04 Oct 2005, 13:35

or if your not sure you'll be able to trap it try to quickly pass it off to your team mate
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 26 Oct 2005, 03:08

if the ball is coming to you at a really hard pace..Why the hell would you want to control it. the chances of screwing up is great.

in a game you should redirect the ball to a teammate either with your head or chest and if you think you can volley it into the goal then give it a try. If not head the ball..

Trapping it when the ball is coming to you at a high pace seems stupid. Usually if teammates give u a long pass it would be high, so you can trap it, or mid-level, chest-trap, but it wouldn't be extremely quick unless it's a cross. if it's a cross then obviously why should you be trapping it.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 26 Oct 2005, 18:35

do you mean that if the ball is coming at you fast then you should just let it go out of bounds or to the opponent?? that doesnt make sense because sometimes in a fast paced game you can get a hard pass and you need to control it. If you are scared about missing a control then i suggest you practice. there is nothing wrong with redirecting a pass towards a team mate but you cant just stand there and let it pass by you. in almost any game you can get hard passes. even the pros they pass hard so the ball moves faster and the play does too.