moves with your back to the defender

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
CASA15

do any of your guys know any moves that you can use to beat a defender when you have your back to them? thx

jdefoe
Forum groupie

you can try stepping over the ball. but, remember when shielding the ball to keep the ball moving. Watch Thierry Henry, he never stops the ball when he is shielding it because any good defender will muscle him off the ball.

sOcCeRKiD11

try the 180 spin move so u will face them now and ur bak isnt facing them

matt
EF Forum Legend

my favourtie moves in these situations are:

1)roll the ball with the sole of ur foot towards u, then flick it with the inside of your foot (bit little bit lyk cruyff turn). this is very effective when pulled off correctly and you may even nutmeg him

2)do a quick 180 with the sole of ur foot, then do a double cut and nutmeg him. this is soooo cool when pulled off but if the nutmeg doesnt work then u'll get tackled

3)do a quick 180 with the sole of your foot and then elastico or matthews. but this more tricky cos u may not have enough room to do those moves effectively
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

when your at a complete stop and your shielding the ball from the opponent
(knowing your teammates and them knowing you & timing is the key to this move)
do a backwards scoop-pass(step on top of the ball drag it back flick it hold it w/your foot then just lift it up behind you) I love doing this it takes the pressure off you and opens up the defence for a great goal-scoring chance
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Soccer fanatic kid
New User

Simple move though i've never tried it. If your right footed flick the ball with the outside of your foot past the defender then run around the left side of the defender to gather it back.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

alan shearer
try to use your arms to destabilize the defender

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Soccer fanatic kid wrote:Simple move though i've never tried it. If your right footed flick the ball with the outside of your foot past the defender then run around the left side of the defender to gather it back.
not as simple as you say it is
if you are used to using it it may be helpful in cerain situations because u have to time it well and have good contact with the ball. and there is always the risk that there are other people near( like in a game) or that it goes too far.
u just have to wait for the opportune moment

(edit by wiseman)

matt
EF Forum Legend

*~El Maestro~* wrote:alan shearer
try to use your arms to destabilize the defender
lol

shearer's one possible fault is his tendency to force his way out of tough situations with dirty tactics such as these. if this sort of thing works for you then fine, but i wouldn't use moves based on alan shearer!!
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Christopher

I just drop it back to the defense. I'm pretty good at getting open for a pass and a run. If I can get the ball going in the same direction I am I can usually be a danger to score. I don't really use to many moves I'm just fast.

Wiseman_philosopher

You can tap the ball behind you with the inside of your right foot, and then spin around quicky, then pivot your left foot around as to knock it away with the outside of the boot, like Cristiano Ronaldo did once.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Christopher

I was playing against this hot girl when I came up with this, and I know its something you ladies wanted to hear. Sorry ladies.

I was playing this girl and she had her back turned to me trying to turn the ball on me. She had already turned the ball on me 2-3 times so I was gonna let that happen again. So I get in really close and put both my feet on the outside of her feet. She could turn without tripping over me, so she just dropped it back. I sort of left her no other options. It works really well but you have to have good breaks you can't touch the person and you have to be in really close.

gerardinho
Sophomore Member

I'll nutmeg you if you did that . Two feet outside of mine?? your legs are wide open bro. I'll jus stepover then turn on the other side and push oit thru your legs.
I kno chicks that blow mor jobs dan bad workers - Incisive

Christopher

Keep thinking that. :wink:

mak9

Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:when your at a complete stop and your shielding the ball from the opponent
(knowing your teammates and them knowing you & timing is the key to this move)
do a backwards scoop-pass(step on top of the ball drag it back flick it hold it w/your foot then just lift it up behind you) I love doing this it takes the pressure off you and opens up the defence for a great goal-scoring chance
Yes, this the most effective move to do so in this situation...it is called "la chapeau"!